Job Title: – UBOS Jobs 2022 Senior Accountant
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance, coordination, supervising and monitoring of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of standardised statistical information. The Bureau is also mandated as the principal official statistics producing agency in the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop unit Workplans and Budget for Government of Uganda and Projects.
- Implement proper accountability systems for the accountable advances made to staff.
- Timely processing of payments of all UBOS planned activities, statutory deductions and filing of returns to relevant authorities.
- Collection of Non Tax Revenue from appropriate sources
- Prepare draft periodic financial reports for management and others as may be required financial policies, regulations and guidelines.
- timely bank reconciliation and review of all UBOS Accounts
- Mentor and Supervise all the Accountants
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree Honors in Commerce, Bachelor’s
- Business Administration, Statistics, Economics OR any other equivalent discipline.
- Must have completed a Professional Accounting course such as CPA, ACCA.
- Must be registered with ICPAU . Postgraduate in Business Administration, or any other equivalent discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least three years gained working experience in relevant large entity or reputable private sector organisation.
- Working knowledge of Integrated Financial Management Systems (IFMIS), Program Budgeting System (PBS) and other Financial Systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Vision)
Competencies and knowledge:
- Good analytical skills Strong attention to detail Problem solving and report writing skills Excellent negotiation, Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills Innovative with a proven high level of integrity;
- Ability to work independently and in a team; Self-motivation and ability to work under tight deadlines in a competitive environment
- Strong leadership and Management Skills,
- Excellent Interpersonal, people management, presentation and team playing skills.
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Exemplary and honest character, integrity, energy, dynamism
How To Apply for UBOS Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the required profile, please see the job details on the UBOS Website and submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website:
Hardcopies shall not be accepted. All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Deadline : 19 th July 2022 at 5:00 pm