Solar Energy Expert
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
GIZ GBE and DCVI intends to improve the capacity of teachers on proper design and installation of solar PV energy and solar-powered irrigation systems and to introduce new solar training courses. To achieve these, DCVI wishes to recruit a qualified and experienced person to fill the vacancy below.
Position: Solar Energy Expert
• Co-coordination of solar training activities at DCVI
• Enrolment of solar trainees and students
• Development of strategies for courses
• Information exchange between DCVI, GIZ GBE and other relevant stakeholders
• Day to day management, of the solar training workshop including management of solar
irrigation demonstration site.
• Implementation of user trainings to ensure proper usage and maintenance of all provided training
materials, equipment and demonstrators
• Supervision of proper usage for all project supported equipment
• Maintenance and upholding of orderliness for the solar training workshop and demonstration
• Inventory and stock keeping of training and demonstration items Planning, preparation and implementation of courses for trainers, students, trainees and external professionals PV solar and solar irrigation systems
• Preparation of notes and handouts for courses and trainings Documentation as well as monitoring & evaluation of all trainings and courses
Required qualifications and experience:
• Ordinary diploma in electrical engineering, or equivalent from a recognized institution
• Proficiency in English
• At least 3-year proven professional experience with regard to component-based solar PV systems
• Experience with regard to vocational training at various levels
• Computer literacy with sound knowledge of MS Office word, excel and power point
• Theoretical and practical experience in solar installation, repair and maintenance of solar appliances is a requirement.
• Hands-on experience with electrical measuring instruments such as multimeters, earth meggers, etc.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees as well as academic credentials to the Director of DCVI by email to conr[email protected] (cc. to [email protected] , iria, [email protected] ) quoting the position you are applying for as the subject. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 4th of June 2021. Application, CV and academic credentials should be in one document including the relevant attachments.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ and DCVI are committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.