Job Title: Water Treatment Technician – Riham Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hariss International Limited
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Hariss International Limited Profile:
Hariss International Limited is one of Uganda’s leading manufacturers of food and beverages. Since its inception in 2005, the production of both food and beverages have been operating under the brand name RIHAM.
RIHAM has grown into a well-known household brand over the years and has greatly captured the support of the mass market. The brand currently operates a broad product portfolio comprising of Carbonated Soft Drinks, Natural Mineral Water, Juices, Malt & Energy Drinks, Premium & other biscuits.
Hariss International Limited was founded in Uganda and was built on principles and foundations laid by its founders Mr. Yasser. K. Ahmad, Mr. Chadi. K. Ahmad, and Mr. Izzat. K. Ahmad. Today, the company stands with the philosophy of the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Operating all chemical dosing pumps and making sure that pump doses the required amount as per prescribed standards
- Analyzing the quality of water for parameter such as TDS, PH, alkalinity, chlorine content, and determining the flow of raw and treated water.
- Doing backwash for carbon purifiers.
- Doing steaming of carbon purifiers and sanitization of ultra-filters.
- Replacing filter cartridges as per schedule.
- Checking all the operation of all pumps and machineries in water treatment section, report immediately any failure to the supervisor.
- Preparing caustic, per-acetic acid and chlorine Solutions at the required standards and strength for all water treatment plant and production lines CIPs.
- Reporting any anomalies of machines or process equipment to Water Treatment & Syrup Room Supervisor.
- Checking the utility pump and monitoring all cooling tower inlet and outlet circuit and making sure its running well.
- Carrying out Weekly sanitation of water treatment water tanks, polishers, filters and the all water treatment area.
- Monitoring the MF filters to ensure they are work properly.
- Ensuring adequate supply of treated water to Production lines.
- Ensuring plant CIPs are carried out as per CIP Mandate requirement and ensuring proper data recording.
- Ensuring adequate stocks of water treatment reagents and chemicals. Monitoring of gauges, flowmeters, charts, system control panel, etc.
- Maintaining water treatment records in accordance with UNBS Standards.
- Providing training, coaching and support to new water treatment team.
- BSc in Chemistry/Biology/Food Sciences and/or HND or equivalent from a reputable Institute
- At least 2-3 years hands-on in the Food Industry. Beverage manufacture a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with Carbonated Soft Drinks and/or water treatment plant.
- Food Safety and Hygiene handling techniques
How To Apply for Riham Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11 th December 2021