Jobs at:PostBank Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN (1)
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES SUPERVISOR
As a key enabler for the business, the role is responsible for the management of Bank’s electrical needs, assist in ensuring that all service and maintenance contracts are reviewed and renewed on time for preventive, planned corrective and unplanned corrective maintenance.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES:
• To oversee and supervise the quality of electrical work by the Bank’s service providers to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Electrical fittings and fixture design and developing of electrical drawings.
• Conduct power surveys and audits of electrical connections at Bank premises.
• Recommend electrical and maintenance design modifications.
• Manage the supply of power/electricity to all bank facilities/premises to ensure uninterrupted availability of mains and backup power.
• Liaise with departments/functions to understand business power needs/requirements for projects and their impact on premises and make appropriate recommendations.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor preventive maintenance and periodic regular repairs of bank, equipment, and machinery in accordance with maintenance schedules and manuals & Asset Management Policy.
• Review and verify requisitions for electrical items from branches and departments and make recommendations for approval in line with Bank policies.
• Plan, monitor and coordinate engraving/bar coding of the Bank’s electrical assets in line with Bank Assets Management Policy.
• Responsible for avoiding any regulatory deficiency arising out of poor electrical design in the Bank premises.
• Monitor and manage the unit budget and report any disparities.
• Plan & coordinate the disposal of used electrical items in line with Asset Management and Procurement Policy and Contracts Committee resolutions
• A minimum of a diploma in Electrical Engineering.
• An ERA Class Z Installation permit is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Analytical skill, attention to detail and Professionalism.
• People management skills/ partnership approach.
• Problem solving and decision-making skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION STRICTLY ONLINE:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day- time telephone/email contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, PostBank Uganda. Send application to [email protected] with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 14th October, 2021