Jobs at:Uganda Martyrs University
Deadline of this Job:
21 December 2021
Within Uganda , Nkozi , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit, University and an equal opportunity employer owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for suitably qualified persons to fill the following administrative and academic position:
Position: Registrar (1 Position)
Duty Station: UMU Main Campus Nkozi
Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in a relevant field obtained from a recognised Institution. A PhD is an added advantage. S/he should have prior experience for at least five years in a similar position or other related positions in a reputable Institution. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, satisfactory record of service to the community and high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Working in close collaboration with the DVC and the Director Human Resources in carrying out duties for the general administration and coordination of all University matters both academic and administrative.
• Ensuring that all information for all academic organization involved in the running of the University; the admissions, enrolment and registration of students, examinations, research, postgraduate and extra-mural studies is handed in and conforms to the regulations of the University.
• Being responsible for the maintenance of Registers and other documents concerning Council, Senate, Academic Units and students.
• Affix the seal of the University to official documents of the University.
• Assisting the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in the performance of his or her functions and in that regard be responsible for the academic affairs of the University.
• Being the overseer of the academic units of the University and of the appraisal of Academic Staff.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates should apply to the Deputy Vice Chancellor not later than, 21st December, 2021. All applications must be accompanied by an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references (including most recent employer), copies of academic certificates and transcripts, a current day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O. Box 5498,