Job Title: Property Assistant
Grade: 4 (N)
Level: Associate Specialist
Location: Kampala Uganda
This position is responsible for providing support to Administration Unit on management of CWS RSC Africa assets, equipment, inventory control, supplies, and management of the CWS Kampala office building/grounds.
This position reports directly to the Administration Supervisor, Kampala Uganda.
- Performs quarterly stock-take of inventory and ensures the report on variances is prepared and submitted and recommendation on replacement/purchase of new equipment is made.
- Oversees inventory levels and ensures that adequate levels are maintained for uninterrupted refugee processing.
- Maintains a maintenance schedule of CWS RSC Africa’s property and ensures adequate security is in place against theft or damage.
- Receives and confirms delivery of goods to the CWS Kampala office.
- Ensures the items/equipment/supplies received are as per the LPO or per the request put in by staff before signing the Goods Received Note.
- Ensures that proper records of stock levels in the store are well managed by maintaining the allowable stock levels and presenting timely purchase requests.
- Issues staff members with the necessary supplies to perform their duties as and when needed and recovers the supplies when staff members leave CWS RSC Africa.
- Ensures the CWS RSC Africa compound is kept clean by conducting building routine checks thereby facilitating a conducive working environment.
- Maintains proper record of all CWS RSC Africa’s assets, ensuring they are insured and serviced as they fall due.
- Tags assets purchased and updates them in the asset management system.
- Supports building maintenance by making sure electrical, plumbing, painting, and furniture repairs are done as and when required.
- Conducts research and market analyses upon request.
- Assist the Administrative supervisor in property audit, asset management and maintenance of accurate records.
- Actively participates in construction and/or office renovations i.e. partitioning of offices, fire escape, ventilation system of the building etc. when there is need. The position also assists in supervision of the contractors.
- Is aware of and complies with safe working practices as instructed and in accordance with policies and procedures e.g. fire evacuation procedures, data protection.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· Three (3) years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities is required.
· Experience in office, stores and/or asset management is required.
· Experience working with systems to manage inventories and ensure stock levels are appropriately maintained is preferred.
· Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, Access and experience with accounting software systems.
· Knowledge of RSC Africa travel procedures preferred.
· Demonstrated written and verbal English skills.
· Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission.
The Property Assistant must have the ability to:
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of accounts and budget information.
· Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems.
· Effectively manage CWS Africa’s resources.
· Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude.
· Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public.
· Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP.
· Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail.
· Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
· Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS Africa.
· Take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
· Lead others and address issues as they arise.
· Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information.
· Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
· Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
· Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
· Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa.
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Working environment: Normal office working conditions
Special Requirements: Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) required before the start of employment. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.**