Report to: CEO
Location: Kampala - Uganda (with extended travel throughout Uganda and potentially surrounding countries)
House of Concrete (HoC) was created in 2014 to serve the needs of construction companies in East Africa. Since then, our client base has grown to include multinational corporations, contractors, and everything in between. HoC is focused on developing high-quality products in the concrete-related construction industry.
Due to rapid growth, HoC is seeking qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join the team:
Manage the production and technical aspects of the business including overseeing the production of concrete and the GC operations as well as being in charge of equipment and machinery repairs and maintenance including but not limited to the following:
• Overall management for multiple simultaneous HoC projects, including labor, materials and supplies, financial/budgetary, technical matters, and client engagement.
Operations and Projects Execution
• Liaise with other departments and clients with relations to operations, administrative, and technical matters;
• Actively participate and guide in the development and updating of departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Adhere to and enforce SOPs;
• Communication with relevant management through appropriate reporting per established reports matrices;
• Participation in business development project proposal team to ensure proper costing and profitability for future projects;
• Timely and financially profitable delivery of projects through project management, financial and inventory controls, planning, scheduling, and internal/external departmental coordination of works and activities;
• Quality control and assurance of all project outputs at all times
• QHSE SOP implementation and enforcement
• Responsible for safety, roadworthiness, appropriate usage, maintenance, and repair of all project-related equipment, machinery, tools (both owned and hired)
• Adequate, appropriate, and scheduled planning for equipment repairs and maintenance, ensuring equipment readiness
• Communication with relevant management and peers to ensure equipment usage and repairs are reported and tracked per established reports matrix
• Coordination with administrative and procurement team to ensure spare parts requirements projections and stocking schedules are appropriate and scheduled
• As tasked and requested by the CEO
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline (associated with concrete-related construction) ? 8+ years’ paid work experience within the construction sector/industry
• 3+ years’ as a production/site manager within the construction sector/industry
• Concrete product production experience
• Strong business process understanding, including all aspects of project and site management ? Experience in being the primary project liaison with clientele engineers and management representatives, ? Advanced professional English speaking, reading, and writing
• French language communication
• Business development / contractual add-on experience
• Ability to train staff in concrete-related construction activities
• Coordinating ISO certification efforts
• Multi-cultural management and client working environment
Attach a cover letter and CV, as well as your salary requirements.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the '