Paint and Insulation QC Inspector - (2202734)
Deadline of this Job:
14 May 2022
Within Uganda , Bulisa , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This role will do inspections for painting, coating and insulation activities to determine conformity to client, project and code, standards and regulations requirements; Identify non-conformities and take appropriate action to control / prevent any occurrence; Perform Quality audits as applicable to verify compliance with project specifications and procedures; Interface with Construction, Field Engineering, Subcontractors, Certifying Authority and Client as required. ; Establish and implement coating, insulation and refractory QC quality requirements; Exercise a proactive approach in the prevention of any potential issues by interfacing with Construction, Field Engineering, Subcontractors and Client as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Establish and implement coating, insulation and refractory QC quality requirements. Including but not limited to: development and acceptance of painting, coating and insulation ITPs, for verification of all coating’s procedures and controls, verification of blasting and painting activities, verification of paint system and dry film thickness measurements, handling and storing of painting/insulation material and consumables, coating repairs, release for insulation and verification of insulation and cladding installation.
• In addition, where required monitor/witness paint system pre-qualifications, evaluate and report the competency and effectiveness of subcontractor coating personnel and QC personnel.
• Support in development, responsible for review and implementation of coating and insulation Quality Plans & Inspection Test Plans (ITPs).
• Review and approval of subcontractor proposals, coating and insulation QC ITPs and procedures.
• Determine and administer coating and insulation QC surveillances and monitor implementation.
• Coordinate coating and insulation QC inspections and provide input into the inspection look-ahead.
• Coordinate with Client coating and insulation QC for efficient attendance and execution of inspection and testing activities.
• Ensure all the requirements of coating and insulation Specifications, Project Procedures and Drawings are followed.
• Perform, supervise, monitor and witness critical inspection & test activities at site in accordance with the ITPs.
• Exercise a proactive approach in the prevention of any potential issues by interfacing with Construction, Field Engineering, Subcontractors and Client as required.
• Ensure that defects discovered during inspection are properly and accurately communicated to respective teams with recommended remedial actions. Follow-up of any identified defects until resolution.
• Perform periodic audits of paint store and usage of WFT gauge by painters.
• Ensure that all inspection instruments are in good working order with valid calibration.
• Ensure completeness and endorsement of quality related records/documentation, maintenance and storage and that deliverables are progressively compiled, finalised and included into the final project handover records.
• Ensure Quality Records signed-off by Client (where required) prior to handing them over for certification.
• Raising, follow-up and verification of closeout of punch items.
• Provide regular reports on quality progress, issues, risks and opportunities to Site Quality Team
• Perform 1st and 2nd party audits as required as the QC subject matter expert for coating and insulation.
• Raise non-conformance reports and ensure resolution of any non-conforming practices or materials/products and actively execute corrective and preventative actions
• Interface with Certifying Authority and other third parties to ensure timely certification and hand over of completed work
• Ensure that the National Content Plan is followed by all parties (McDermott and Subcontractors).
• Managing the training and advancement of local employees and ensuring that knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures are included.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience in QA/QC function
• College/university graduate and/or higher education with minimum 10+ years’ experience in coating and insulation Engineering/Construction and QA/QC function/inspections.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in coating and insulation on Oil and Gas projects.
• Minimum requirement: BGAS-CSWIP (Grade 1) / NACE (Level 2) / FROSIO (Level 2) / SSPC (PCI Level 2).
• Preferred audit experience to ISO9001:2015 and/or construction inspection qualifications.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://mcdermottcareers.taleo.net/careersection/11/jobdetail.ftl?job=2202734&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi