Job Title: Workshop Technician Electrical Installation – NUYDC Jobs 2021
Organization: Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre (NUYDC)
Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre (NUYDC) Profile:
Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre (NUYDC) was established by the Government of Uganda in collaboration with the Commonwealth Secretariat with the main aim of empowering the Youth of Northern Uganda. NUYDC now is a special programme in the office of the Prime Minister of Northern Uganda. Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre (NUYDC) Omoro District under Ministry of Education and Sports is seeking to recruit additional Staff for Purposes of strengthening operations of the Centre.
An electrical technician installs all of the wiring, circuits, and outlets needed to power lights, appliances, and equipment within a building. They are responsible for troubleshooting wiring systems to make sure they are working properly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reading blueprints and technical diagrams to determine the placement of outlets and fixtures
- Installing wiring, outlets, and controls
- Maintenance of electrical systems
- Inspecting transformers and circuit breakers to ensure they are up to code
- Identifying electrical problems using specialized tools like voltmeters, cable testers, thermal scanners, and ammeters
- Repairing and replacing wiring and equipment using hand and power tools such as screwdrivers, saws, drills, wire strippers, and conduit breakers
- Directing and training fellow workers to install, maintain, and repair wiring and systems
- Following state and local building regulations
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in the trade listed above
- Craft certificate OR National certificate in the trade is an added advantage.
- At least three years of practical experience
How To Apply for NUYDC Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and at least two competent referees, one of whom MUST be from your current or previous employer should be hand-delivered to the address below:
The Head Teacher,
Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre,
P.O. BOX 835 Gulu, Uganda
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
OR email to [email protected] NB: Emails MUST be sent as PDF in one folder.
Deadline : 23 rd August 2021 by 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.