Job Title: Finance Assistant – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kyangwali, Uganda
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and in direct coordination with the Finance team at the Area Office, the Finance Assistant will manage the cash function in the Isingiro field office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that accurate and timely accounts are submitted to FA in Kampala Area office on daily basis and in accordance with NRC financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody of an adequate amount of petty cash float, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Make all payments after approval by the respective managers and after compiling and verifying the accuracy of necessary documents.
- Filing and Entering into computer financial data and maintaining Cash/Bank register.
- Effects all payment and settlements of accounts including, house rent, electric bill, water and telephone bills,
- Responsible for field payments during trainings and other field activities.
- Maintain open communication with the program staff for all financial clarifications.
- Liaise with Finance Assistant for technical support.
- Ensure all original documents, vouchers are attached before they are sent to the country office.
- Ensure safe custody of NRC finances and keep the petty cash float, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
- Provide the necessary archiving and maintenance of filing system
- Assist in the preparation of payment documents and recording in the system
- Make payments to suppliers as required.
- Assist programme and logistics in any distribution activities.
- Coordinate and liaise with various programs and field offices
- Inputting of all required data onto NRC Financial Systems.
- Assist and help on the preparation of audit documents
- Perform any assignment given by immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- 2 year of INGO experience is a plus
- CPA2 qualification is added advantage
- Knowledge of Agresso is added advantage.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th December 2021