Reports to (designation): Plant Manager
1. PRIMARY PURPOSE:
• To provide an effective and responsive maintenance service to production and other sections of the Company.
• To safely and effectively execute all the scheduled and un-scheduled Mechanical work required to maintain all Plant and Equipment at the levels of availability, reliability, and capacity necessary to achieve production goals.
• To provide emergency response to maintenance requirements as part of rostered callout arrangements.
2. REPORTING INTO THIS POSITION (DESIGNATION AND LEVEL)
• Routine/Direct: Maintenance Technicians
• Functional/Indirect: Production operators
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute to the achievement of production targets by ensuring that all maintenance work necessary to maintain all plant and equipment at the levels of availability, reliability and capacity required is promptly actioned and fully completed within the time frames required, to the best industry practice.
• Carry out mechanical inspections, check, tests, and procedures as specified in preventive maintenance routines.
• Contribute to the reduction of maintenance costs by ensuring all routine and preventative maintenance tasks are fully completed as scheduled, all maintenance tasks are correctly actioned the first time to eliminate re-work, and by identifying and highlighting to supervisors high-cost maintenance activities
• Analyze breakdowns, diagnose faults and supervise time-critical equipment repairs.
• Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained to the standards required for specific equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and recommendations as well as documented repair and maintenance procedures.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement process by participating in reviews, identifying recurring problems, and suggesting improvements.
• Responsible for reporting all spillages or potential or actual identified contaminated sites to the environmental department.
• Inspect the quality of parts and materials issued from the Stores and ensure they meet the required standard(s) and are suitable and appropriate prior to installation.
• Ensure the removal of all unused materials, generated debris, offcuts; removed, used up or damaged parts; used cleaning rags and all rubbish, from all working areas during and after Mechanical work to ensure the job site is clean.
• Ensure all tools, equipment, and plant used in any Mechanical operation are audited, cleaned, and returned to the areas designated for their storage or storage, as soon as they have been used and are not required on the job site anymore.
• Perform performance review for staff under his supervision.
Financial and Budgetary responsibility:
• Accountable for costs of the operations
• Accountable for all operational machinery and work tools
Responsibility for Procurement:
• Collaboration with procurement department for purchases.
• Good working environment with stretch in working hours
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
• Minimum academic qualification: A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Qualifications as an added advantage: None
• Professional registration: registration with the Engineers body
• General work experience (years): 5 to 10 years of working experience
• Industry: Manufacturing Sector or FMCG, with exposure to roll forming operations and heavy mobile equipment including overhead cranes and forklifts.
Key competencies and skills:
• Good hands-on technical skills
• Speed and quick turnaround in repairs and machine availability
• Computer literacy:
• Microsoft Office
• SAP/ERP Software Application experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Analysing complex technical problems, evaluating alternatives, and making sound independent judgments within established guidelines.
• Good business acumen and must be able to establish credibility, trust, and partnership at all levels of the organization.
• High energy, enthusiasm, and commitment towards the mission, goals, and values of the company and department.
• Preparing clear, concise, and complete reports and other written material, making clear oral presentations.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
• Strong strategic and planning skills
Additional/specific work requirements:
• High level of integrity
• Ability to work under pressure.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section