Job Title: – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021 Fresher Administrative Assistant
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Pader Sub Program
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
The LWF is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing over 77 million Christians in 99 countries. We strive to put our faith into action within and beyond the communion, and seek God’s Word and Spirit to guide us. This action takes a variety of forms from theological reflection and dialogue with other churches and faiths, to deepening relationships, sharing about our faith, serving those in need and advocating for a more just, peaceful and reconciled world. We share a vision, purpose and values. We work to strengthen our relationships and build an inclusive, respectful communion. We are on a common journey of renewal shaped and enriched by the different contexts within which we live.
Under the guidance of the Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant professionally carries out Administrative activities professionally and monitors Administrative and office-related functions in a timely and efficient manner according to agreed LWF Uganda and donor guidelines in the designated Sub Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the front-desk reception area is clean, tidy, and orderly and is adequately served during working hours by handling visitors professionally;
- Maintains a user-friendly directory of frequently used addresses and telephone contacts and maintains the visitors’ book and ensures it is readily available for use;
- Files documents and correspondence in an orderly manner and ensures safe custody of confidential files as required;
- Advises the Administrative Officer of the need for office supplies;
- Receives, verifies and records office supplies procured and maintains accurate records of their issue or usage;
- Assists in preparing all necessary documentation for procurement of goods and services (i.e. procurement plan, supply requisitions, quotations, bid documents, agreements etc.) and ensures that timely payment is made to the suppliers after delivery of goods and services as specified in the LPO and/or contract;
- Carry’s out a market survey of commonly used supplies and establishes supplier database, maintains files of correspondences, reports and supporting documentation relating to procurements as evidence of compliance with the procurement procedures;
- Displays bulletins, notices and communications on the office notice boards as required;
- Oversees and monitors the proper use and maintenance of office facilities and equipment, and ensures availability of required consumable supplies and timely repairs of equipment;
- Arranges venues for meetings, workshops and related activities and takes minutes of proceedings when required to do so;
- Assists in supervising the guard/gardeners, office assistants and drivers, and ensures that they carry out their duties in accordance with their respective schedules;
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Work, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant fields of study;
- At least 2 years experience in Administration
- Good Problem Solving, Decision Making, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain flexible and make decisions independently.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees only through our recruitment email [email protected]
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line. Only short0listed candidates will be conducted.
Deadline: 16th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.