Lead Mechanical Engineer
Jobs at:Total Energies
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Maintenance / Inspection / Technology
KAMPALA-COURSE VIEW TWRS(UGA)
• Provide specialist technical/engineering advice and guidance to site personnel on the operation and maintenance of plant/equipment ensuring highest safety standards, a timely response to queries and minimal disruption to operations.
• Proactively monitor, review and analyse plant and equipment performance using Digital Tools and provide feedback to Line Management, identifying opportunities to maximise production and performance and share best practice.
• Contribute to the ongoing monitoring of strategies for the maintenance and operation of plant/equipment to ensure that all plant and equipment meets verification and compliance requirements.
• Prepare scopes of work for vendor services and repairs, make recommendations on preferred contractors and co-ordinate vendors, materials and equipment for planned and unplanned activities, monitoring and controlling manpower usage.
• Conduct ad-hoc technical surveys at site and at vendor/repair locations, providing detailed technical reports identifying problems and solutions and ensuring optimum performance from contractors.
• Ensure all relevant operations and maintenance procedures and documentation are maintained in an accurate and current status and are available on request.
• Assist the department management and planning teams in implementing the scheduling of discipline maintenance activities, ensuring that site personnel have all resources (resources, materials, procedures) in order to timely execute the tasks.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and effective manner and that all interventions are controlled by authorized persons, satisfy statutory and Company standards and that no hazardous incidents or events occur.
• Lead investigations into equipment failures and outages liaising with HQ specialist and vendors as required. Document finding along with corrective actions.
• Prepare reports relating to equipment performance and compliance to meet local authority and HQ requirements.
• Act as SECE Guardian for identified Performance Standards ensuing technical compliance and assurance of the Performance Standards within.
• Ensure local legislation is complied with in the execution of maintenance activities.
• Prepare scopes of work and economic justification for modifications ensuring they are correctly engineered, documented and reported, and that all maintenance activities/modifications are implemented in accordance with statutory/Company standards and correctly closed-out
• Provide technical support to the recruitment and training of future maintenance technicians and engineers. Provide guidance and support to less experienced engineers within discipline teams.
• Responsible for managing specific budget lines, monitoring costs and ensuring that expenditures are within budget.
• Develop positive and constructive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Identify opportunities to improve contractor/supplier performance, reduce costs and improve the quality of services/products supplied.
• Act as Contract Representative on specific project/work scopes and contracts, taking a lead role in the involvement/co-ordination of, and interface between, office and site teams/contractors ensuring effective communication and understanding between appropriate parties.
• Engineering degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience as mechanical/rotating engineer in petroleum & gas industry in operations and/or projects;
• Leading operational and maintenance strategies for equipment on site, monitoring equipment performance, diagnosing equipment failures, implementation and management of strategic contracts, leading discipline teams and acting as the technical expert in an operational environment for the oil and gas exploration-production industry, both offshore and onshore
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply.