Job Title: Fresher Officer Library Services – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
The Library Officer will be responsible for providing efficient and effective frontline services by undertaking customer service duties at the Library circulation desk and customer service center, general administrative support and assisting with Library programs to all ages in the community.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Supervisor Library Services for performing the following duties:-
1. Implementing of guidelines for usage and maintenance of Libraries within the Authority.
2. Implementing Library services program in line with library management policies and procedures.
3. Implementing stocking of Libraries with the relevant materials and resources according to KCCA objectives and library management best practices.
4. Implementing strategies for mobilizing people to use library services and developing a reading culture at KCCA.
5. Supporting budgeting and implementing Library management budget in accordance with KCCA financial procedures.
6. Implementing guidelines for partnering with other Library Associations and stakeholders on how to improve on Library services in the Authority as per KCCA objectives.
7. Preparing and submitting periodic progress reports in line with set procedures.
8. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Library and Information Science or Information Management or Records Management or Records and Archives Management or any other related field from a recognized University or Institution.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years’ relevant working experience at Assistant or Officer level in Government or reputable organisation.
How To Apply for KCCA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.