Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kasese, Uganda
Reports to: Mechanical Unit Lead
Vacancy Code: MEX01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Contribute to reach maximum availability / reliability of the mechanical equipment and installations in the plant by performing the appropriate corrective and preventive actions at the lowest cost and in compliance with the OH&S regulations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Determine and schedule the necessary actions of corrective and preventive mechanical maintenance in coordination with Electrical and Preventive Maintenance Supervisors to assure proper functioning of mechanical equipment and installations.
- Ensure mechanical maintenance team full time readiness to efficiently tackle emergencies or urgent breakdowns.
- Prepare weekly work orders according to preventive maintenance plans or scheduled corrective maintenance actions.
- Coordinate and supervise execution of work order activities, failure data gathering (cause, symptom…), time confirmation (external and internal), material withdrawal
- Manage execution of maintenance activities by third parties.
- Cooperate with shift leads in the execution of complex maintenance actions.
- Contribute to NWC optimization by identifying critical parts of mechanical equipment (based on risk assessment) and proposing optimal stock levels of spare parts (through FMEA).
Management – Planning & Cost control
- Support the Maintenance Manager in the elaboration and control of the maintenance budget, ensuring planning and follow-up of costs.
- Implement effective and systematic solutions to achieve budget and to meet or exceed targets.
- Communicate and implement regulations, company goals, local permits, policies and procedures; optimize the internal processes and structures. Supervise personnel to apply them consistently and ensure ISO compliance for related activities. Respect MAC standard; follow up weekly MMS targets (KPIs).
- Monitor performance of mechanical maintenance personnel (internal and external)
- Develop, inform and motivate team, ensuring competencies and skills development according to technical innovations, plant or personal needs.
OH&S and environment
- Guarantee compliance with OH&S and environment policies for mechanical maintenance personnel. Contribute to plant cleanliness
Minimum Qualifications for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
- 3-5 years’ experience dealing with production or maintenance.
- Experience in heavy industry experience preferred
- Experience applying FMEA techniques and knowledge of basic problem-solving tools
- Good knowledge of safety regulations and rules applicable in an industrial & Environment
- Computer Skills- Microsoft Office, SAP (PM, MM, PS), TIS
- Knowledge of cement production process.
- Knowledge of MMS (Maintenance Cement), HAC, PMA preferred.
Strong knowledge of basic maintenance tasks (welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, bearing
installations, shaft alignment…) preferred.
- Good knowledge of control tools and instruments i.e operation logic, regulation modes and systems
Profile & Personal Qualities
- Deliver results
- Motivate & develop teams
- Decision making
- Ability to Prioritize
- Problem-solving and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Ability to clearly communicate with teams and individuals
- Good adaptability when faced with challenges or new tasks
- A willingness to learn and grow at the workplace
- Interpersonal skills and a team spirit
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Integrity and honesty
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to [email protected] and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer, it does not discriminate nor charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process;
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document;
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 23rd July 2022