Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Prepare grants’ opening, review and closing meeting agendas, documents and circulate minutes and follow-up on action points.
• Support program staff in conceptualizing and facilitating implementation of project tools developed, including work, spending and procurement plans, and ensure tools are updated on a quarterly basis.
• Participate in Go No Go meetings and be responsible to fill the forms and follow the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
• Update all projects and keep them up to date on Cycles
• Participate in grants meetings as a Rapporteur
• Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of hard and soft copy grant files, and grant tracking tools in Uganda filling tree and office cabinet.
• Travel to field sites as needed to support with program monitoring / grants management.
• Under the guidance of the grants manager take part in the day-to-day aspects of donor reporting processes to ensure the timely submission of high quality programmatic reports and coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure timely submission of quality financial reports.
• As delegated by the grants manager compile, provide feedback on, and finalize draft donor reports, editing for format, grammar, and content. This includes providing constructive feedback on content and form of documents drafted.
• Support in the development, management and reporting of sub-grants with NRC’s consortia and local partners.
• Assist Grants Manager in tracking and monitoring of sub-grantees and provide training where required.
• Assist in the review of new sub-grant proposals, budgets and agreements when needed.
• Support in the pre-award Assessment and due diligence processes before the grant is made to sub-grantee. Proposal Development
• Under the supervision of Grants Manager, support in the development and coordination of high quality proposals for submission to donors including technical applications, budgets, budget narratives, work plans and organograms.
• Coordinate with staff from other NRC Uganda departments (technical sectors, finance, field staff) to compile relevant information and documents to support proposal development.
• Assist with strengthening the capacity of field staff by supporting trainings and providing follow up support in report writing, sub-grants procedures, and other topics as needed.
• Provide input to Grants Manager in identifying training needs in the area of Grant management for non-finance staff.
• Lead refresher training programs for Field and Program Coordinators, Program Managers to ensure staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities in the area of budgeting and grant management and are updated with new procedures, ambitions, initiatives, etc.
Professional competencies for this position:
• Experience from working as a Grants Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own skills/profile
• Good knowledge of English
• Knowledge of grants management
• Knowledge of humanitarian partnership arrangements
• Knowledge of Project Cycle Management (PCM)
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply