Job Title: Receptionist/ Administration Assistant (Maternity Cover) – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
GIZ Uganda Profile:
Responsible Fisheries Business Chains Project (RFBCP) is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It is part of the Global Program on Sustainable Fishery and Aquaculture and funded under the special initiative “One World-No Hunger” of the BMZ. The RFBCP works with partners such as the Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) and the Ugandan Directorate of Fisheries Resources (DiFR) to achieve its overall objective which is; to ensure food security and to reduce poverty by increasing ?sh supply and income in Uganda and East Africa. The RFBCP targets artisanal ?shers, processors and traders as well as small to medium sized enterprises in the ?shery sector. The project assists existing actors in the ?sheries sector to implement already planned activities
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Receptionist/ Administration Assistant- Maternity Cover will be in charge of:
- Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing professional phone services, personally welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard in the reception area.
- Performing reception and secretariat services on a daily basis.
- Manages daily office operations.
- Managing the project office facilities.
- Supporting the organisation of events and meetings.
- Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them.
Maintains a call back list of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member.
Registers, documents and organises incoming and outgoing correspondence (e-mails, packages and personally delivered messages).
- Ensures deputization for other staff members.
- Ensures visitors are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments etc.
Office work and services
- Ensures creation and/or regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, e-mail) Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence (e-mail, fax, other official documents)
- Makes photocopies and scans documents if and when required.
Support to Administrative Experts
- Supports the preparation and organisation of events, meetings and activities in close collaboration with the staff members of the project (invitation letters, reservations, reimbursement of transport allowance and per diem, etc.).
- Compiles and organises information materials.
- Labels files according to GIZ filing system.
- Fills lists and tables according to the specific instructions of the administrative expert.
- Assists in preparing inventory lists.
- Maintains record of service requests.
- Prepares invoices/ receipts ready for stamping and have them signed by the responsible people.
- Assists in the preparations for internal control.
- Update’s trainings, consultancy lists and databases as advised by the technical staff.
- Prepares advance and refund calculations for work related trips
- Update’s business cards to the contact list.
- Regularly updates the fuel consumption of all project vehicles.
- Checks the logbooks of all project vehicles.
- Maintains the project office stock.
- Assures facility management of the project office and initiates in accordance with management repairs, maintenance, etc.
- Prepares financial documents (vouchers, receipts, etc.) to be delivered to the finance manager.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and other tasks as assigned, e.g. focal point for HIV, gender, security, etc., if required
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Administration, Accounting, Procurement or any related field.
Details of experience
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience in a comparable position
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Very good written and oral knowledge of English and Ateso languages. Kumam language of advantage.
- Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email [email protected] . Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs.
Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 12th December 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .