Jobs at:The Kaizen Company
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About The Kaizen Company:
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
About USAID/Uganda ODA:
USAIDs Organizational Development Activity (ODA) supports USAID/Uganda in further strengthening the internal relationships, systems, practices, and organizational culture that underpin the Mission. The Activity builds upon the gains realized from the highly consultative process of engagement with its staff and others that yielded the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). USAID has already begun the transformation journey towards staff, teams, cross-teams and a Mission that will realize this strategy. Kaizen, through the USAID Organizational Development Activity (ODA), supports and empowers USAID to become a Mission of development catalysts who, individually and collectively achieve the CDCS, shape the Ugandan development agenda, and have time and support to do so. This will help lift millions of Ugandans out of poverty, and likely become a model for other Missions.
The Kaizen Company provides Associate positions (or internships) to current university students, recent graduates, and new professionals from various academic fields to provide opportunities to apply their knowledge toward work experience. Kaizen and the Uganda Organizational Development Activity (ODA) strongly believe that internships provide on the job mentorship and training opportunities in the areas of finance, human resources, leadership, and administration with experienced ODA staff members. The Finance Associate will have a clearly defined role and scope of work and will be supervised by Finance and Administration Specialist, who will monitor the intern?s progress to ensure effective learning and a positive experience. The Finance Associate will work full-time (40 hours per week) for six months with the potential to extend for an additional six months. .
Internship Learning Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities:
• Review and understand the process for preparing and submitting monthly field report
• Review procurement documents for completeness and prepare disbursement vouchers.
• Attach proof of payment, vendor receipts to disbursement vouchers, and stamp the documents as PAID?.
• Support disbursement of vouchers and journal entries
• Receive and verify orders (when placed by the Project Coordinator)
• Place orders as needed.
• Organize and track all documents to and from Finance and Administration department
• Review payment requests against receipts provided
• Arrange payments to suppliers and subcontractors
• Prepare purchase requisitions as needed
• Understand and manage the maintenance of electronic, scanned, and manual filing systems for all financial and administration documents
• Carry out inventory reconciliation and tagging and numbering of assets
• Reconcile office supplies, requisition consumables, and stationery from stores
• Assist in the documentation and gathering necessary information to prepare a VAT report and other financial reports
• Other finance and administration areas as needed
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (B. Com, BBA) or comparable certifications/qualifications
• Proficiency in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English (both oral and written)
• Must demonstrate initiative and proactiveness
• Must possess professional demeanor and ability to work in a team environment.
• High degree of integrity
• Proven attention to details (will be tested)
• Ability to prioritize, work plan and manage multiple tasks
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• Ability to work independently and display initiative
• A sense of timeliness
• Quick learner and open to learning
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit CVs with a statement of interest through the Kaizen Companys website. Application are due on May 18th, 2021 at 11:59 PM Ugandan Time (GMT+3)
Interested applicants please visit: https://kaizen.applytojob.com/apply/job_20210504191505_FAUMKSRNFERDARER/Finance-Associate?source=DIREC