Field Supply Chain Manager
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Area Manager, the Field Supply Chain Manager will oversee procurement, warehousing, fleet and management in their respective regions. As an integral member of the Area Management Team, the Field Supply Chain Manager will provide day to day Supply Chain support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
Key areas of accountability include:
• Inventories and Stock Management
• Asset Management
• Fleet Management
• Filing and Reporting
• Staff Management
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field.
• A level of professional certification CIPS or any other equivalent in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage
• Progressive 3-5 years of experience in leadership handling Supply Chain in an INGO.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Must have strong reporting and communication skills and excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
• Experience in procurement, fleet management including vehicles maintenance, servicing & repairs
• Experience in use of Enterprise Resource Management Systems (E- Procurement, Inventory management and Fleet management systems).
• Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors.
• Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
• Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative
• Strong team skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 22 July 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.