Jobs at:Sim Plastics (U) Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
18 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sim Plastics (U) Ltd is a plastics manufacturing company dealing in the production of different shapes of plastic containers mainly supplied to our sister company Movit Products Ltd.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Electrical Technician.
The Electrical Technician will be tasked to carry out maintenance and repair of electrical systems, services, and equipment for the plant. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems in the plant. Ensure proper execution of planned preventive maintenance (PPM).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install and repair wiring of electrical systems, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
• Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels etc.
• Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
• Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools etc.
• Repair or recommend replacement of electrical units
• Receive and complete work orders.
• Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean and safe as per 5S procedures
• Detect needed repairs on equipment following established inspection procedures.
• Perform preventive maintenance on electrical tools and equipment.
• Operate electrical tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
• Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
• Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Ordinary Diploma/Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a reputable institution of higher learning with at least 4 years of working experience in maintenance of mechanical equipment preferably in a manufacturing set-up.
• Professional accreditation with an institution of professional engineers would be advantageous
• Commercial understanding of the impact of failure/downtime on production and ultimately customer delivery
• Ability to use basic problem solving tools (5why, Ishikawa)
key performance indicators
• Achieve 100% compliance on all assigned tasks
• Reduce on reworks to zero by ensuring 80% accuray on assigned tasks.
• Improving the equipment mean time between failures and reduces the mean time to repair.
Job Education Requirements: Ordinary Diploma/Higher Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our email [email protected] , copy [email protected] . Indicate the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 18th March 2021.