Electrical & Instrumentation Lead
Jobs at:Total Energies
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Maintenance / Inspection / Technology
KAMPALA-COURSE VIEW TWRS(UGA)
• Ensure highest safety standards and continuity and optimisation of production
• Provide all aspects of engineering/technical support and assistance to site-based teams
• Develop and maintain productive and constructive relationships with site-based personnel, office operations/technical teams and external contractors/vendors • Specific budget lines as delegated
• Contract Representative for nominated contracts and specific scopes of work.
• Participate to the review of documents and files in the Electronic Data Management System issued by the EPC to ensure they are of sufficient quality to be utilized for MIE activities and by Maintenance Personnel onsite during the Operational phase.
• Technically lead the MIE development process with respect to Electrical and Instrument. Provide detailed input and contribute to the overall MIE strategy development for maintenance and spares parts and provide technical support into detailed maintenance requirements of equipment.
• Participate in the review of documents and files in the Electronic Data Management System created and issued by the MIE Contractor.
• Participate in inter-discipline MIE activities including maintenance and criticality strategy development, global maintenance plan preparation, writing of maintenance plans and procedures. Ensure that all MIE deliverables are in line with National Legislation, Affiliate and COMPANY Specifications and Best practices.
• Ensure the preparation of complex site maintenance procedures including testing of HIPS, Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF), black start, electrical switching procedures prepared by site supervision, ensuring incorporation of best practice.
• Take active role into the Operating spare parts selection process and procurement activities and assist Spare Parts Coordinator as required with the detailed spares requirement per equipment including inspection and storage of spares in COMPANY warehouse(s).
• Preparation of Company Management System (CMS) documents within area of responsibility.
• Attend SAT/FATs at vendor premises as required.
• Assistance to the Commissioning/start up teams and Production/Maintenance/Inspection COMPANY teams as required.
• Develop Digital Tools and applications to that are required to effectively manage maintenance operations post Startup
• Undertake role of L-iCSO (Local Industrial Cyber Security Officer) and develop affiliate procedures related to Industrial Cyber Security in accordance with Company Rules.
• Actively support the EPC in the deliverables of an efficient SECE system, and ensure that the associated operational maintenance of assurance (maintenance, testing) are implemented as part of the identified maintenance regime.
• Provide technical support to the recruitment and training of future maintenance engineers.
• Implement a training and development plan for subordinates with team and provide technical input to training plan for site personnel.
• Develop technical Scopes of Work for SpecialiZed Maintenance Contracts (SMCs) and be the technical duet for the Call for Tender process.
• Degree in Electronic, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years’ experience on Instrumentation and/or Electrical maintenance in a petrochemical environment, two years of which must have been spent working on an operational plant.
• Experience in similar position working for operations in Oil & Gas sector in a supervisory position, especially in E&I engineering.
• Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards used in the Industry (NEC, NEMA, ISO, IEC, ATEX, NORSOK, ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI...)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply.