Since 1998, Greenroad International Logistics has grown into one of the top freight forwarders specialized in project cargo around the world. With AAA enterprise credit rating and ISO90001 certification, more than 50 of our branches are excited to provide a reliable and flexible global logistics solution.
Floor/Suite No:3 plot No:71C street Kimera Road Naguru, nakawa, kampala district Uganda
A Documentation Specialist/officer is an administrative professional who is responsible for the maintenance of shipping documents. Their job is to store, catalogue and retrieve documents. This may involve maintaining paper files, electronic files, or even databases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submission of weekly and monthly operations reports
- Collecting and safeguarding customs documents
- Ensure appropriate filing of soft copy, hardcopy and backups of all declaration documents for later review.
- Share new shipment documents with the relevant documents
- Remind clients/consignee about expiry of appointment
- Availing customs documents whenever and wherever needed
- Promptly receive consignee documents, verify values, consistency, errors and any other issues arising
- Promptly communicate discrepancy to operations manager when necessary and liase with clients for corrections where necessary
- Prepare and send copies of documents to field operation staff
- Scan, file and share with the clients' container interchange
- Perform any other duty assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma or Certificate in Clearing & Forwarding. EACFFPC certification is mandatory. A degree is an added advantage.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge in shipping & logistics an added advantage.
- Conversant with customs clearance procedures.
- IT skills i.e. proficiency in the use of Customs System is mandatory
- Proficient in Ms. Word & Excel workbooks.
- Excellent communication written and verbal.
- Good team player
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Tactical and planning skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic analytical experience
- Proficient typing skills
- Data organization and storage knowledge
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and adhere to deadlines