Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SeaOwl Energy Services is part of the SeaOwl Group, an international service provider specialised in a wide range of Recruitment, Manpower Contracting & Management, Asset Management, Training, Professional Services and Integrated Services for the Construction, Energy, Extractives, Logistics, Mining and Manufacturing sectors.
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for competent individual(s) to fill the following position:
Job Title: Document Controller
Reports to: Head of DW Performance & Digital
Direction: Tilenga Project
The main responsibility of the job holder’s:
• To ensure that all the documents are developed and managed in accordance with the Documentation Management System specifications.
• Responsible, within the Drilling and Wells team for storage and maintenance of approved documentation.
• The job holder will also be responsible for bringing an active support to all concerned members of the Drilling and Wells team in the performance of their document-related duties (review and comment of documents, approval process, etc.), and will be the focal point for all matters related to documentation management and control.
• To participate in the implementation of the Documentation Management system, setting-up and explaining rules and procedures, jointly with the Method Engineer and with the help of concerned people in Headquarters.
• To be informed of Company Specifications (GS's/GR's), TEPU and Company procedures, etc. related to Documentation Management and their application to the Project.
• To follow and improve the Documentation Management system.
• To control the conformity of data entered on the Drilling and Wells main databases, using special tools for automatic control (Wellview Audit), commenting on the conformity of documents, and rejecting documents as necessary.
• To provide support (training, daily assistance, advises) in the use of Documentation Management System to the office and rig site team for their document-related duties (review and comment of documents, approval process, etc.) and, as a general manner, to aid the team for all matters related to documentation management activities.
• Ensure documents are shared at key times to facilitate timely project completion.
• To keep and archive hard copies of documents as required.
• QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE Education:
• • Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business Management, Information Management Systems.
• Knowledge in QA/QC for data management.
• Professional Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Documentation management. Experience within Drilling organizations in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
• Medium proficiency in the Information, Data & Document Management area.
• • Understanding of Project Technical Documentation Requirements and Deliverables.
• Working knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (Office 365 - SharePoint).
• • Excellent writing skills, technical documentations, specifications, training materials, presentations, and others.
• Advanced user of MS Office suite of software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Working experience with generating Document Control reports/Statistics
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: [email protected]
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554
Deadline for CV submission: Wednesday, March 30th, 2022 – 5:00 PM.