AIM CR Office, Lubowa
Reports to (Supervisor):
Work Station/Area of operation
CR Office; Kampala (various locations)
Office Manager as well as individuals and representatives of account holders from the organization.
Limits of Authority
Limited to duties assigned by the Finance Manager.
• To manage, record, and account for all of the organization's payments and receipts. Provide support to the Finance department.
• To assist in the smooth operation of the finance department by ensuring that subsidiary account holders and departments are served accurately and promptly.
KEY RESULT AREAS
NB – Under each key result area the duty is indicated
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
• Payment of bills and recording and accounting for receipts and maintenance of records of all transactions on excel spreadsheets.
• Daily reconciliation of cash and receipt boxes and recording this on an excel spreadsheet.
• Maintaining proper cash balances and monitoring the local bank balances.
• Write cheques, make online payments to service providers.
• Daily checks and reconciliation of cash boxes and unbanked receipts and weekly bank reconciliation checks.
• Maintenance of the payment sequence and accounts department filing system and file store.
• Managing and tracking Payment Vouchers
• Managing, issuing, and tracking office and regional expenditures by cash, checks, and bank transfers
• Issuing and recording receipts for office and regional expenses
• Managing, recording, and issuing rent payments for Uganda-based members
• Managing and tracking floats.
• Monitoring and reporting exchange rates.
• Data entry as needed, using QuickBooks and spreadsheets.
• Reconciliation of bank statements and cashbox reports.
• Assisting the REO, RAO with Cash reports, receipts, and reconciling cash with given receipts.
• Ensure all financial policies and decisions of the regional leadership are complied with.
• Communicate with banks, AIM Mobilizing Regions, and individuals regarding errors, queries, and data entry problems.
• Ensure that correct receipts are given/received and backup documentation is filed for all money handled by AIM Central Region.
• Account for all cash in the Central Region Office, CR Units, and Matoke Inn.
• Produce Cash and Bank Balance reports when requested.
• Do cash count regularly and make that available to the finance office.
• Produce and send monthly project and personal account reports
• Any other duties that may be requested from time to time by your supervisor. Request for support from any other individual must be cleared by your supervisor.
NB: Any other Duty assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications/Experience & Communication Demands
• Bookkeeping, Accountant, or related training
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• 2 years experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting
• Previous employment with an international organization.
• High level of fluency in spoken English
• High level of written English
Required Skills/Attributes & Competencies:
• Honest, trustworthy, God-fearing person.
• High level of interpersonal skills with adults.
• High commitment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
AIM's overall goal is to bring glory to God in all aspects of life and ministry thus the character of an individual (not just job performance) is vital.
It is expected that all staff has a personal testimony of salvation through Jesus Christ (be born again) and manifest a daily lifestyle consistent with the truths of the Scriptures and serve with AIM in a manner that reflects Biblical values, in particular the values of servanthood, integrity, and teamwork. All AIM staff (missionaries and employees) will become familiar with and adhere to the principles set forth in the AIM Core Values.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section