Base Maintenance Engineer
Deadline of this Job:
25 July 2022
Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Base Maintenance Engineer
Aerolink is a leading domestic airline in Uganda offering both scheduled and charter flights into Uganda's national parks and other important destinations within East Africa.
• Manage and monitor all aircraft, support equipment and component maintenance.
• Plan, coordinate and schedule the aircraft maintenance procedures.
• Develop process improvements for aircraft installation and maintenance activities.
• Ensure aircraft maintenance is performed in compliance with federal regulations and industry standards.
• Troubleshoot and repair discrepancies of electrical, flight control, hydraulic, landing gear, engine and fuel systems.
• Identify the nature of discrepancy and establish process to correct the problem in a timely manner.
• Perform aircraft servicing, fueling, ground handling and equipment installation.
• Perform aircraft maintenance/ inspection before takeoff.
• Assist in documenting maintenance discrepancies and actions.
• Update maintenance action documentation to ensure accuracy.
• Perform routine maintenance and Cleaning of aircraft interiors and exteriors.
• Guide and train team members in proper maintenance activities.
Qualifications, Experience competencies.
• Hold a diploma or degree in aeronautical engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution
• Hold a valid dual UCAA and KCAA license without type rating in the relevant field ie, mechanical or avionics
• Have Successfully completed an approved type course for the aircraft type under consideration C208.
• Have a minimum of 5yrs total aircraft maintenance experience of which 3yrs have been as certifying staff.
• Completed personal log book demonstrating a period of six months practical working experience on the aircraft type under the supervision of an authorized engineer who must sign the appropriate entries or Hold a type rating or authorization on the aircraft type under consideration and provide evidence of having been excising certification privileges on the aircraft type for periods totaling at least 6 months during the preceding 24 months.
• Should have demonstrated integrity, ability and competence to perform these duties without supervision.
• Pass an assessment process conducted by the maintenance management team.
• Have good communication skills & be a team player
• Computer Literate and knowledge of Pentagon System of maintenance is a MUST have.
• Experience and knowledge on the Dash 8, Dash 7 and Dash 6 is a MUST requirement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your application, CV and copies of academic qualifications by close of business on 25th July 2022 to [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Location: Entebbe International Airport