Job Title: 3 Auto Mechanics (Truck and Light Vehicles) – AIRD Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) Profile
Established in 2006, our mission is to enable the compassionate movement of those displaced by natural or man-made disasters to safety, and providing them and their host communities with opportunities to build their lives and thrive for the long term. Empowerment comes not only from providing critical relief items, but also through sustainable opportunities that lead to more resilient communities. This encourages the growth of enterprising spirits, and a sense that a bright future is still possible. AIRD cares because collective community growth is only possible if everyone is given an equal opportunity to participate.
The position is based in field locations within our Uganda program. The candidate should be conversant with the maintenance and repair of heavy trucks and light vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
- Conduct routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advice motorists on good vehicle use.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks).
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job.
- Keep logs on work and issues.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition.
- The ideal candidate should have a certification in Automotive and power engineering or a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognised institution.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a busy automotive industry preferably dealing with Toyota and Mitsubishi brands.
- A valid driving licence with at least class B is required .
- Proven experience as auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
How To Apply for AIRD Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th August 2021 at 5:30 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.