Job Title: 2 Auto Electricians – AIRD Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) Profile
Established in 2006, our mission is to enable the compassionate movement of those displaced by natural or man-made disasters to safety, and providing them and their host communities with opportunities to build their lives and thrive for the long term. Empowerment comes not only from providing critical relief items, but also through sustainable opportunities that lead to more resilient communities. This encourages the growth of enterprising spirits, and a sense that a bright future is still possible. AIRD cares because collective community growth is only possible if everyone is given an equal opportunity to participate.
The position is responsible for maintatainace and repair of vehicles ans generators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a maintenance schedule for serviceable electrical equipment for both vehicles and generators.
- Perform Diagnostic electrical tests as needed and repair any malfunctioning devices.
- Undertake electrical repairs on various vehicles and generators.
- Install New Interior Electrical Systems (GPS systems, radios, sound systems and television screens)
- Test headlight alignment and intensity
- Operate hand and power Tools
- Carry out checks on vehicle electrical systems and make recommendations.
- Assist mechanics in the garage to carry out vehicle routine service.
- Carry out generator service and maintenance
- The ideal candidate should have a diploma in Automotive and power engineering or a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognised institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a busy automotive industry preferably dealing with Toyota and Mitsubishi brands.
- Ability to diagnose electrical malfunctions within automotive systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Complex problem solving
- Ability to install electrical systems
- Knowledge of fundamentals of electrical wiring
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Ability to communicate vehicle issues in layman’s terms
- Ability to work in a changing environment
How To Apply for AIRD Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th August 2021 at 5:30 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.