Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: HR/Admin Manager
Asaak is an asset financing company that provides credit by lending motorcycles to drivers to improve the livelihoods of informal workers in Uganda using the digital approach.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks that majorly include providing support to the various departments and assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
• Handle office tasks such as documentation and filing.
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments appropriately to avoid conflict.
• Prepare presentations, generate reports and take minutes from meetings.
• Manage the delivery of documents to different entities.
• Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
• Makes travel arrangements for staff such as booking travel means, and hotel or restaurant reservations.
• Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Supports the team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant, or Office Admin Assistant.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Strong communication skills, characterized by excellent writing and speaking skills.
• Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills and be able to function under pressure.
• Ability to handle fast-paced environments with minimum supervision and meet project deadlines. Knowledge of Boda Boda financing is a plus.
• Ability to use a tablet/smartphone/computer, experience with Google Applications is an advantage
• Must be patient and willing to help others in solving problems while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
• Must have a keen eye for detail and follow instructions precisely
• Should be fluent in English and Luganda.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and academic documents through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section. If selected for an interview, you must keep time. Candidates who are late to interviews are disqualified automatically.
Deadline: 30th June 2021 by 5:00 pm and interviews will be conducted as applications come through. Asaak offers equal opportunities to all candidates and therefore only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone inquiries, please.