Jobs at:National Forestry Authority
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
POSITION : Transport Assistant (3 POSITIONS)
Reports to: Transport Officer/Relevant Field Officer
Duty Station: Headquarter/Field based and ready to work in hard to reach areas.
Salary Scale : NFA 8B
Terms of Employment : Three (3) year contract (Renewable)
Job summary: Drive, maintain and manage the vehicle and ensure safety of the passengers in accordance with NFA Transport Policy and relevant regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
• Drive NFA vehicles as assigned and directed by the supervisor
• Prepare and timely submit vehicle defects and repair requests
• Ensure that the vehicle is regularly serviced and maintained in a sound mechanical condition in accordance with the service chart.
• Record and maintain vehicle travel records in the log book and ensure that they are authorized by the relevant supervisor.
• Keep vehicle repair and maintenance records.
• Observe and comply with all relevant Road safety and traffic laws and regulations.
• Ensure that the vehicle is in good running condition.
• Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and maintain adequate cleaning supplies for the vehicle.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, work experience and interpersonal attributes/competencies
• Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education or its equivalent.
• Valid Driving Permit of Classes B and CM/C.
• Competence driving test certificate is a MUST.
• CH, DL or DM/CIE, CE, D1, D1E, D or C1 class is an added advantage.
• A Certificate in defensive driving or motor vehicle mechanics is an added advantage
• Minimum of three (3) years’ working experience in a similar or related position
• Minimum of thirty (30) years of age.
• Computer literate.
• Good decision making
• Analytical and good communication skills
• High level of integrity, resilience and reliability
• Self-respect, team building and organizational skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Criteria for application Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below not later than close of business on 31st August 2022 or send soft copies to [email protected] . Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director National Forestry Authority
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi
P. O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 - 264035/6; 0414-360400