2 Logistics Officers
Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Within Uganda , Lamwo , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LVVF Uganda works to reduce people's vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs.
LWF Uganda is currently operating in Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Adiumani, Moyo Luuka, Kamwenge, and Kampala
Districts: Please check https://www.lutheranworld.org for more details
The LWF Uganda Program is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Job Title: 2 Logistics Officers
Place of Assignment: Lamwo & Adjumani Sub program
Reports to: Team Leader
Job Profile: The Logistics Officers will oversee and ensure that all activities related to fleet and stores
management are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed LWF Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to flee and stores the designated Sub-Program .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to a car parking policy that defines who can use the vehicle, at what time, for what purpose and when the vehicle must be parked.
• Authorize the movement of vehicles leaving the compound and ensure that they are using authorized gate passes or mission orders.
• Supervises drivers and ensures their performance management processes is adhered to, regularly sets targets for them and conducts effective appraisals.
• Supports fleet Management to ensure that movement of vehicles and repairs comply with regulations and policies.
• Regularly inspects vehicles in order to establish its mechanical condition and road worthiness.
• implements set procedures for effective vehicle usage while minimizing the costs.
• Maintains a productive relationship with suppliers of vehicle repair services, fuel, oils and spares and coordinates regularly with the procurement function.
• Oversees a system for monitoring and tracking the distances and relates them to fuel usage.
• Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all goods and supplies.
• Coordinate the receipt dispatch of goods, GDN, RR to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making and ensure that all stores transactions are updated accurately on the stock / bin cards on a daily basis and use the SAGE system where applicable.
• Support receipt dispatch goods against official approved documentation (e.g. GRN, waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of goods including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
• Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the LWF Donor requirements.
• Responsible for inventory management (e.9. physical stock verification, reporting, stock reconciliation etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regard to proper stock management are timely addressed as per LWF standard procedures, ) and support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks and report immediately any discrepancy.
• Regularly monitor condition of the warehouse and goods and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization. This includes the general maintenance of the warehouse, fumigation, and ensuring that the fire extinguisher are serviceable and usable.
• Ensure that all receipts, returns, dispatches are accurately recorded and all transactions are reflected in the appropriate stock cards.
• Supervise stores staff, to ensure high performance standards.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• University Degree in Fleet and logistics management, Business administration or related field.
• . Post Graduate training in Project Planning and Management sound knowledge of management is an added advantage; . Minimum 3 years professional experience in logistics management preferable with INGO
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Good organizational and team skills with attention to detail
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (internet and computer applications)
• Ability to work under pressure
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email [email protected]
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line
LWFDWS is an equal opportunity employer, inspective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Persons with disabilities and Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWFDWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization's commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted