2 Laboratory Technician
Jobs at:Meridian Tobacco Company
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2022
Within Uganda , Arua , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Laboratory Technician (02 Positions)
Department: Quality Section
Location: Arua, Uganda
Employment Status/ Type (Full-time, Full Time Part-time, Contract. Intern, Casual): Full-time
Position Reporting to: Quality Supervisor
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible in daily analysis of samples. He/She will analyze and collate data, which will be used to advice the organization for any Nonconformities and corrective action. He/She will be responsible in updating reports and other related documents. The Laboratory Technician should have the ability to understand Laboratory procedures, Work Instructions, Use of equipment, interpret results, and give timely feedback with an aim of improvements.
• Collecting, receiving, labeling, and/or analyzing samples using the correct testing equipment, when necessary.
• Recording all experimental data and test results accurately and in the specified format (written and/or electronic.)
• Organizing and storing all chemical substances, reagents, according to safety instructions.
• Analyzing trends for improvements and corrective action.
• Cleaning, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment as per standard operating procedure.
• Ordering laboratory supplies, stock management monitoring as needed to ensure
• Chemicals or reagents do not run out of stock.
• Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Minimum level of education is a Diploma in any Chemistry field.
• Minimum experience is 2 years in Chemistry Laboratory
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• The applicant should be Ugandan National aged below 32 years.
• Strong Analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and should be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge is ISO will be added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Note: All Eligible and Qualified candidates Should submit their Cover Letters, Copy of CV including day time contacts and Academic Documents Addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Meridian Tobacco Company Ltd; Plot 18,
Vurra Block 2 Arua District,
P. O. Box 1189,
The Documents as specified above should be submitted to the E-mail addresses; [email protected] AND [email protected] NOT Later than Friday, 12th August 2022 at 6:00pm. Note that only shortlisted Candidates for the Positions will be contacted.