Jobs at:Vision Coop
Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title; Sacco Manager
The Jobholder is responsible for providing an effective and efficient management of the SACCO and compliance to the cooperatives Act.
Key Result Areas of Sacco Manager
• Provide Leadership and guidance to the Sacco team in order to ensure timely processing of all Sacco operations.
• Manage Sacco financial resources and assets to ensure achievements of set Sacco objectives. Direct and supervise administration and processing of loans as per set guidelines.
• Manage costs within budget limits in order to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan.
• Prepare, do analysis and present comprehensive financial Sacco reports.
• Review and update, develop and implement SACCO policies and procedures.
• Oversee annual and ad-hoc audits of the SACCO.
• Ensure compliance and keep UpToDate with statutory and regulatory requirements and provide guidance to ensure that the Executive Committee, Committees and management are operating within the limits as set in the Cooperatives Act and SACCO Bye-Laws.
• Prepare, arrange, and attend to SACCO committees' meetings and other SACCO scheduled meetings.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee from time to time.
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 4 years' relevant experience in management and administration of Sacco's or financial institutions.
• Good understanding of Sacco principles
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form
• Leadership skills and ability to make decisions.
• Team player
A degree in, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management, or any relevant field.
At least level three of CPA or ACCA .
Practical and sufficient knowledge in Sacco management
Excellent interpersonal skills
Communication and Working Relations
• Keep good relations with internal and external clients and collect all money due
• Coordinate with URA, UCUSCU, and Ministry of Trade on issues of compliance on matters of; taxes and Sacco management.
• Supervise the team and ensure the preparation of monthly and final accounts
• Coordinate with the pay in parties, i.e Payroll, freelance, sales executives and ensure deductions are made monthly.
• Supervise the reconciliation of the Sacco accounts and ensure that money is not lost due to errors
Scope for Impact
• The Sacco provides saving opportunities for the members, it channels savings into loans, it helps members savings grow through investing
• The Sacco manager must understand the operations of the institution and help review processes and advises management on the way forward.
• He/she must ensure that information entered into the system is free from any errors and in accordance with International financial reporting standards and the SACCO.
• Ensure authorization of all payments, manages relationships with customers and the bankers in order to maximize income collection.
• The Sacco manager has to keep abreast with the changes in taxation policies, Cooperatives Act and International Financial Reporting Standards in order to protect the SACCO from penalties due to non-compliance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should hand deliver their Cover Letters, CVS and Copies of Academic Documents at the Vision Group Head Office Main Reception by May 9, 2022 at 5:00pm, addressed to;
The General Secretary,
The New Vision Staff Co-operative Savings and Credit Scheme Limited,
P.O Box 9815, Kampala - Uganda.