Job Titl e: – World V ision Uganda Jobs 2022 Assistant Accountant
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Mayuge, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Accountant
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
To assist in providing financial technical support to the Project/Programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
Roles and responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022 :
- Allocate various expenses to cost center accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual
- Initiate and prepare Mobile Money transactions (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for upload to Share point daily
Financial planning & budget management:
- Assist in developing programme/AP/cluster budgets in compliance with the programme / cluster/APs’ Plan
- Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with programme/AP team on 12th every month
- Support the Programmes /cluster during the internal and external auditing
- Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy
- Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the programme/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures.
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- At least 3 years relevant technical and business work experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 12th May 2022