Job Title: – Wilmat Development Foundation Jobs 2021 Public Relations Communications Intern
Organization: Wilmat Development Foundation (WDF)
Duty Station: Kampala
Wilmat Development Foundation (WDF) Profile
Wilmat Development Foundation is searching for a passionate under graduate student in Uganda, particularly Kampala district with the desire to gain more skills and experience to build on their profession. This internship opportunity will give you a chance to practice and enhance on your communication ability through introducing you to the world of differently related persons and organizations with a diverse perspective and culture.
Our internship program aims at equipping the participants with hands-on skills and experience to both volunteers and interns through involving them in our various management, community based and social entrepreneurial programs. This internship opportunity is part of the Organization’s strategy to achieve its mission by addressing the limitations to community problem solving and visibility all over the world. The program gives a variety of opportunities to young and old professionals all over the world to take part in sustainable community decision making that contribute to the empowerment of under privileged communities. This is achieved through aligning the intern’s interests with the organization’s current programs focusing in three thematic area; Advocacy, Livelihoods and Education.
This call is a great learning experience for someone looking to pursue a successful PR career, we therefore seek for an ideal, passionate undergraduate that is dedicated, self-driven and committed to gaining a detailed experience in organizational relations and will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with the organization’s stakeholders and other media communications, responding to requests for information.
- Design and implement communication strategies on different issues.
- Developing, writing and editing all communication materials including audio visuals, blog posts and social media content for Wilmat Development Foundation.
- Maintaining media archives from the project activities.
- Making timely responses on all the organization’s platforms.
Interns Expectations / Benefits:
- The intern will have an opportunity to gain experience in their profession and get exposed to WDF hands on communication channels.
- Develop your written and verbal communication skills.
- Gain a wide range of hands-on experience that will enhance your CV.
- The intern will earn valuable, professional work experience.
- The intern will deeply get acquainted with the NGO communication system which will expand their experience in public relations.
- Making timely replies on different organization’s email.
- All Undergraduate and Graduate students that are passionate about building their experience in communication and public relations skills under an NGO sector.
- The intern should have the ability to communicate both orally and in written.
- Should have the ability to communicate via different communication medias and be open to all communication channels.
- Should have the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Should be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction.
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts.
- Good at time management
- Flexible in all organization’s operations
- Self – driven
NOTE: This is NOT Salaried and No financial benefits should be expected during your participation, we only seek for passionate undergraduates who are ready to practice and gain experience in building and maintaining strong networks that contribute towards the great cause of Enriching Communities.
How To Apply for Wilmat Development Foundation Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their updated resumes and motivation letters to [email protected] addresses to:
Human Resource Manager,
Maisha Mzuri Program,
P.O. Box 6982, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Open until filled