Welding Supervisor North & South
Jobs at:Total Energies
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Welding Supervisor North & South - Req:45295BR
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as Company site representative for Welding activities and undertake regular Welding surveys and inspections.
• Support the Industrial Area Superintendent South on site ensuring that the Construction Contractor is fully conversant with all Company Project Welding Inspection related standards and procedures.
• Verify in conjunction with the Industrial Area Superintendent South, that where required by design and fabrication Codes that Welding procedures have been qualified and approved, and that Welding operatives have valid applicators certification and that adequate Welding records are being maintained.
• Monitor and ensure that a comprehensive record of documentation and certification of Welding Inspection work is maintained, and assist in the satisfactory 'handover' of completed package from Contractor to Company
• Ensure the Contractor provision of Welding material receipts, handling, inventory control and distribution at site and maintain an auditable record of all material related transactions.
• Ensure that all deliveries are inspected on arrival and that the quantities and quality are as specified before the invoice or delivery note is approved.
• Ensure that Over Shortages & Damage (OS&D) reports are rendered as necessary.
• Ensure the Contractor carries out inspections of incoming Welding materials to make sure they meet the quantity and material specifications of goods ordered and checks all items received, ensuring conformity to purchase orders.
• Ensure that Contractor receipt of all Welding material and equipment is stored safely and is protected, where necessary, from climatic conditions. In particular, ensure that any specific storage instructions are implemented.
• Liaise with the QC Leader to determine the best storage position for difficult or bulky items.
• Undertake regular audits of Contractor Welding activities to ensure that a high standard of Material Inspection/ Control is being maintained.
• Supervise the following Site Welding Inspection interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned: Company & Construction Contractor / Sub-contractors, Welding Inspection Vendor representatives & construction site personnel
• Support the Industrial Area Superintendent South and other Discipline Superintendents on all aspects of Welding Inspection activities and ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are managed effectively.
• Compile necessary reports related to his/her discipline and scope for the Industrial Area Superintendent South
Qualifications & Experience
• HNC or equivalent in related discipline
• Minimum of 15 years' experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry with a recognized level of expertise in construction discipline.
• Previous experience with other major IOC's/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
• Ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas Industry International Codes, Standards as well as best Industry Practices.
• Significant experience at Welding Inspector level with particular emphasis on QC/Welding/NDE/Certification. A good knowledge of Welding Processes, NDE Processes and Procedures, and ideally be qualified to ASNT / PCN and hold an NDT qualification/s. Recognized qualifications in Welding (e.g. CSWIP).
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent through the TotalEnergies careers website at https://careers.totalenergies.com . Only applications received on the stated website will be considered.
Deadline is Thursday 23rd September, 2021
Short listing begins immediately and only short listed candidates will be contacted. "Candidates applying for the advertised positions will be selected on merit. Any form of canvassing is strictly prohibited."
To know more about Total E&P Uganda, please visit our website https://corporate.totalenergies.ug .