Job Title: No Experience Registration Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Nakivale, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team and is supervised by a more senior colleague who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
– Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
– Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
– Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
– Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
– Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
– Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
– Perform other related duties as required.
1-year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
Social Sciences; Statistics; Mathematics; Information Technology; HCR Protection Lrng Prog;
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 3rd May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .