Job Title: – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021 Business Support Assistant (Monitoring and Evaluation Intern)
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kyenjojo, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
We are seeking a qualified graduate for the position of Business Support Assistant-Monitoring and Evaluation Intern , SSA3 to be based at South West Area Office at Kyenjojo under the internship project. Selected candidates will be employed on Special Service Agreement. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from 1st January 2022. The Intern will be responsible for supporting on monitoring and evaluation activities in the southwest with emphasis on evidence generation.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Support in the data collection of both output and outcome indicators in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Support in documentation and analysis of qualitative data from the community discussions and interactions with persons of concern.
- Support in analyzing the monitoring targets and sharing with the field offices to ensure that they meet the monitoring targets.
- Support in managing logistical processes during evaluations, studies, and assessments like ensuring enumerators have the necessary equipment (Tablets/ GIS gadgets), visibilities, trouble shooting, supervising data collection, etc.
- Contribute to generation high quality data through conducting Data Quality Assessment of both WFP and Partner data as per the WFP data management protocols.
- Support the creation and integration of graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way that can be understood by decision-makers, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Support in compilation of various reports like weekly when requested.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
- A recent graduate from a bachelor’s programme in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Economics and Statistics, Development studies, Social sciences or a related degree with at least second class degree from a recognized university and must graduated with in the last 3 years (2019-2021) prior to the application for the internship programme.
Skills and Competencies
- Possess certified academic certificates and a valid National Identity Card
- Medically fit to travel and work at a duty station of the internship across WFP Uganda CO.
- Must not be immediate family member or relative of WFP employees.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive, professional relationships with workmates, government and local community counterparts, donors, civil society and other stakeholders
- Analytical mind with a strategic ability, organization, attention to detail, be able to multi- task.
- Proficient in MS Office or other packages, especially those related to graphics and designs, or allow for analyses.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal Very good training and facilitation skills.
- Hardworking, calm, logical, culturally sensitive, result-oriented and interest in humanitarian development.
- Languages: Knowledge of any of the local languages spoken in the Refugee settlement or host community is a plus.
- A resident of the local Area (Should originate from the targeted local region (South West), born and staying in the region)
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 28th December 2021