Reception Center Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2021
Within Uganda , kyaka , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting a Reception Center Assistant for our program in Uganda to be based in Kyaka II, You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
An organization that refuses to settle for anything less than delivering human-worthy services.
The Reception Center Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of effective general management of Transit and Reception Center activities in line with overall ALIGHT programming. He/she will be responsible for conducting a range of activities, including information provision, regular protection and assistance interventions to ensure that new arrivals, asylum seekers and protection cases at the reception center access and enjoy their rights .
• Ensure that the hot meal preparation and provision at reception center level is done effectively.
• Regularly Check the Reception Centre to ensure that there is enough space for accommodation for POCs.
• Coordinate with protection staffs of ALIGHT, OPM and UNHCR in explaining to the new arrivals the process of relocation to settlements.
• Liaise with ALIGH protection and Community Service staff to provide special attention to UAM/SCs and persons with specific needs (PSNs) such as Disabled and elderly persons.
• Coordinate with ALIGHT / other Partner Protection /Community service staff for the receipt of the relocated Persons of Concern at Reception /Settlement, especially PSNs.
• Record and share the relocation Information actual and against target for onward submission.
• Coordinate with ALIGHTC, OPM and UNHCR staff to assist the new arrivals to Board BUSES/TRUCKS by calling their names and checking their presence as per the relocation list.
• Supervise Casual workers especially those assisting in Loading of Luggage and Shelter Pole distribution.
• Prepare timely activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Contribute to project planning, development of proposals and lessons learned processes.
• Prepare and submit weekly action plan to the supervisor.
• Adhere to the ALIGHT code of conduct.
• Perform any other duties assigned to you.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Arts and Development studies from recognized Institution.
• At least two years’ experience in a similar or relevant role.
• Experience of working with UN or NonÔÇÉGovernmental organizations.
• Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
• Computer skills.
• Good organizational and people management skills.
• Strong knowledge of the local population and language.
• Fluency in Swahili and ability to ride a Motorcycle with a Valid License (Class A) is an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link to apply: https://arc.hrmagic.co/careers/job?id=NTc5