- Company: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is mandated by the National Coffee Act, 2021, to regulate, promote and oversee the coffee sub sector; to regulate all on-farm and off-farm activities in the coffee value chain; and to provide for a coffee auction system; and for other related matters.
Its Vision is ‘A sustainable coffee industry with high stakeholder value for social economic transformation’ and its Mission is “To facilitate increase in quality coffee production, productivity, and consumption”. UCDA believes in and aspires for Leadership, Integrity, Teamwork, Client Focus, Accountability and Professionalism. In order to achieve its mandate, UCDA is desirous of recruiting motivated, qualified and competent professionals to fill the following vacant positions.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer (2 Positions) Directorate: Quality And Regulatory Services Department: Quality Assurance Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager Duty Station: Kampala
Job Purpose Conduct inspection, loading, and certification of export lots to ensure that the quality of coffee along the value chain conforms to set standards.
Key Result Areas • Carry out pre-shipment inspection of all coffee exports in line with the Coffee • Regulations • Supervise export loading and ensure that all containers are sealed. • Perform routine analytical procedures, physical and sensory analysis on coffee samples. • Keep an updated register of findings on all coffee samples analyzed. • Establish quality trends by analyzing fairly average quality coffee, Ochratoxin • A levels in coffee. • Implement coffee profiling and characterization activities. • Compile information on compliance to standards at different levels of the value chain. • Compile quality data required for issuing certificates, writing reports and publications • Undertake all basic quality control training programmes for processors, farmers, Quality Controllers, and Technicians. • Carry out any other duties as assigned by Management
• Minimum Education: • Bachelor of Science (First Class or Upper Second class) in Chemistry/ Biochemistry or Food Science and Technology, or Biological sciences from a recognized university. • Certification in Basic Quality Control (BQC), or Barista, or Q and R Grading will be an added advantage.
• Minimum Experience: • At least three (3) years’ relevant working experience in a similar field.
• Skills and Competences • Working knowledge of the laws, regulations, guidelines, procedures affecting the coffee industry, • Basic computer skills and statistical data analysis, • Excellent report writing, communication and good customer care skills, • Positive attitude and ability to work under minimum supervision.