Project Officer, Livelihood
Jobs at:YWCA-YMCA Global Global
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kiryandongo , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
YWCA-YMCA Global Global) is an organization for development and solidarity. We are owned by the Norwegian YWCA-YMCA and the YWCA-YMCA Guides and Scouts of Norway. We work in partnership with our sister organizations in the World Alliance of YMCAs and World YWCA. Our vision, together building global justice and peace emphasizes our belief that if we work together we can create a better world for everyone.
The main target group for YGlobal's work in Uganda are children, youth and young adults aged 8-35 years. We consider young people core to giubai development and our work strengthens the voice of young people, both men and women, so that they can influence unjust policies and contribute to democratisation of power structures. YGloba. works on four main thematic areas: Just Peace, Gender Equality, Reduced inequalities, and Climate Action. The topics are chosen because they are important to our target group, have a distinct rights-basco focus, and are infornied by the thematic priorities of the World YWCA and the World Alliance of YMCAS. YGlobal has since September 2016 triplemented a UNSCR 1325 project in Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement. The project integrates psychosocial support with peace building, economic empowerment, eduation, and advocacy. A core strategy in YGlobal's work invoives formation of project participants into Peacemaker Groups to operationalize peace building economic empowerment, education, and advocacy. YGlobal is seeking qualified applicants to fill the following position;
Job title: Project Officer, Livelihood
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duty station: Kiryandange Position scope
The project officer livelihood will support with technical follow up to Peacemaker Saving and Investment Groups (PMSIGS) to ensure realization of the set project output, "Youth have better living standards due to improved livelihoods". Below is a list of key roles and responsibilities entailing this position, although other duties might be added when so desired by the program manager.
• Help in developing training resources and other tools to keep member of PMSIGs engaged and to ensure sustainability,
• Lead in the implementation of all activities as per developed work plan.
• Support PMSIG members are supported in booking keeping including proper recording of savings, loans granted to members, and equitable sharing of the profits made from the interest charged on the loans.
• Continuously identify and assess the needs of various communities refugees and host) and inform the Line Manager on possible interventions required
• Identify vulnerable project participants during the field work who might need protection assistance and refer them to psychosocial support component of the program according to the referral procedures.
• Ensure dissemination of clear and reliable information on livelihoods service provision both to the project participants and back to the Line Manager
• Develop and maintain updated database of project participants and activities, including success stories to demonstrate project impacts
• Help in the identification of potential new areas of work, needs and in selection of project participants.
• Develop monthly visit plans on assessing and following up business development of member of PMSiGs.
• Represent YGlobal in Livelihood sector meetings.
• Maintain constructive relationships with OMP, other local government instituticis, local NGO partners in coordination with the other team members
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
• Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 (Two) years.
• Experience or education in business management would be an asset.
• Familiar/prior experience with NGO sector in the refugee settlement context would be a distinct advantage.
• Familiarity with digital data collection and relevant computer skills.
• Be able communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbal
• Knowledge of some local language(s) is an asset.
• A creative individual who possesses energy, self-confidence, and flexibility, thrives in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
• Demonstrated appreciation of psychosocial support and Livelihood development of vulnerable people
• Should be adaptable, be a good team player and of high integrity
• Possess and aware of own leadership qualities and able to mentor/inspire other people.
Please note: Qualified nationals of south Sudan living in Uganda are encouraged to apply for this postion
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
If you believe you fit the above profile, please e-mail your application to [email protected] subject line should be position you are applying for. Pleases attach electronic copies/scanned copies of your curriculum vita application letter, current remuneration day and evening telephone numbers photocopies of relevant testimonials, and contacts of threes referees. Application deadline on the 26 of September 2021 . If you have questions about the position, please send an email to [email protected]