Jobs at:Right To Play
Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Project Director .
Job Responsibility #1: Strategic Leadership and Management (40%):
• Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team and consortium members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
• Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, RTP procedures, best practices and donor guidelines.
• Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that RTP and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
• Point of contact and collaboration for the SHARE team (spanning 3 countries) and in-country stakeholders, including GAC, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
• Support recruitment of RTP staff hired to work on the SHARE project.
Job Responsibility #2: Strategic Engagement and Donor Relations (20%):
• Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance.
• Ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate, including by planning and hosting Project Steering Committee meetings.
• Constantly look for more effective and efficient implementation and opportunities to increase impact
• Represent SHARE in public fora, including conferences, working groups and local, national or regional committees, as appropriate and relevant.
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management (20%):
• Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
• Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements.
• Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories.
Job Responsibility #4: Budget Management (20%):
• Provide guidance to country teams on grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and RTP.
• Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click Project Director – Application Form (hiringplatform.ca) to upload your resume and cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check and vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at [email protected]
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com