Program Delivery Manager (PDM)
Jobs at:Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Director (PD), this role will be part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and will provide substantive and hands-on support to Area Programs (APs). Will ensure projects stay on time, scope, and budget, promote practice of performance, accountability, and risk management in line with in line with FH'S "Transforming Field Experience (TFEL re-imagination initiative. The Position will also support the "ecosystem approach" of coordinating support to Program Delivery across APs with surge support to HR, Procurement and logistics, Business development, Finance, Admin and IT support services. Co-lead in providing leadership for functional and operational issues, monitor the AP performance, and ensure processes, mechanisms and capacities are in place to assure quality in a consistent manner across their programming portfolios. Will also promote organizational growth and portfolio diversification in both development and humanitarian contexts and contribute to strategy development whilst positioning FH a cross all districts of operation.
• Program Delivery
• Strategic partnerships development for business acquisition and growth
• Financial, Procurement and Risk Management Key Result #4: Leadership, culture and talent development Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH's Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
• Demonstrated computer -operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype, google meet and/ or Zoom.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of time per year in the country in sometimes remote and insecure locations
Education/Certifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in development studies/social sciences, agricultural sciences, environment and resilience programing.
• Master's degree in Project management, development studies, and organizational leadership preferred. Project Management Certifications such as PMD Pro, PMP or Prince2 are an added advantage.
• Typically. 8+ years of experience in development and humanitarian programming, resilience programming approaches, procurement, compliance, financial and project management experience. Experience with working with private donors, foundations, public trusts, government donors, bi-lateral aid agencies and institutional donors. This may include; UNWFP, UNFAO, UNHCR, UNICEF, UKAID/FCDO, GIZ, KOICA, USAID, EU-ECHO, PRM.
• Non-profit ministry experience is a plus.
• Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development, Language
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Ability to write clear and concise reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is satisfactory.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: [email protected] not later than Wednesday 18th May, 2022 at 4:30pm (Those who applied before please don't re-apply). Consider your application unsuccessful if you don't hear from us by 31st May 2022