Job Title: – Pangea Educational Development Jobs 2022 Mobile Librarian
Organization: Pangea Educational Development
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports To: Director of Mobile Libraries
Pangea Educational Development Profile
Pangea Educational Development (PANGEA) is a small non-profit organization that believes in the liberating power and opportunities provided by a quality education. Our model was developed to empower communities to improve their own educational circumstances: the school environment, livelihoods of teachers, and access for under-resourced students and to do so in a way that is sustainable. We are a community of changemakers, mixed with staff, volunteers, and community champions. Each member of our community is working towards realizing our mission by dedicating their time and skills through a wholehearted commitment to it. As a result, we are equally dedicated to those who work with us.
Pangea Educational Development works to create culturally relevant content and programs that help children learn to read and inspire them to read more often. The Mobile Librarian will focus on increasing access to learning materials. The role requires both in-person relationship building with learners, logistical expertise, and inventory management. The Mobile Librarian will take the lead role in the execution of the following Primary Responsibilities and an assistant role on the following Secondary Responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver books to school who subscribe to the Pangea Mobile Library Program
- Facilitate assessments and surveys among the Mobile Library users
- Manage Mobile Library books inventory including the development of project workflow, systems, asset organization, and cleanliness of the library.
- Assisting with Mobile Library Data management
- Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields: Education, Social Sciences and any other related area (Required)
- Leadership experience in a management role (Preferred)
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English (Required)
- Computer fluency and understanding of Microsoft and Google Suite (Required)
We are a community of changemakers who believe all people have the ability to learn and grow to their full potential. We are working to build a culture of learning that equips every person to be a change agent in their own story and community.
Through education, we are making a deliberate, sustainable, and substantial impact on the structural inequalities in our world, while treating each person as more than a number. We believe in authentic interactions grounded in mutual respect and a commitment to helping everyone fully realize their potential and inspire action beyond our efforts.
We are seeking an individual whose dedication to the value of education matches our own. We are seeking an individual who has a heart for empowering Ugandans to recognise the richness and importance of their cultural heritage and desire to share it with others. We are seeking an individual who is willing to work odd and sometimes long, exhaustive hours to do what is right and not just what is easy or will suffice. We are seeking an individual who can laugh as hard as they can work, someone who is not just looking for a job, but an avenue to pursue their passion.
Finally, we are seeking someone to join a new kind of organization – a social enterprise. Our revenue is earned, and our profits are spent within Uganda’s borders. We are seeking a leader who seeks to truly blend principles of entrepreneurship and drive deep, measurable social impact.
Things We’ll Bring To The Table:
- Generous leave
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits
- A supportive environment for your personal and professional growth
How To Apply for Pangea Educational Development Jobs 2022
Please submit: to [email protected]
- Full CV
- A 1-Page Cover Letter describing your relevant experience to this position, why our mission matters to you, and how you will use your privilege to achieve it. Please type the words “I am detail-oriented” in the footer.
Deadline: 4 th August 2022