Job Title: – Orient Bank Uganda Jobs 2021 Credit Analyst
Organization: Orient Bank Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Credit
Orient Bank Profile:
Orient bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
The Credit Analyst will provide an independent assessment of credit and business risks by ensuring detailed analysis, review and formulation of credit proposals/packages originating from the SME Business Segment in accordance with the credit policy and guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of high-quality Credit Application documentation in accordance with the Bank’s Credit Policy/Manual.
- Review and evaluate SME business applications for accuracy and compliance with the credit policy before presentation for relevant approvals.
- Monitor the SME Business Segment portfolio to ensure compliance with approved terms and conditions.
- Liaise with the SME Business Segment heads for advances appraisal, reviews, excess reports, site visits, financials and other analysis related information to support the credit applications.
- Ensure that all credit facilities within your portfolio comply with the Credit Policy and other applicable laws and regulations and, are monitored throughout the post disbursement phase.
- Ensure that all watch listed accounts within your portfolio that are discussed in the monthly watch meeting and action plans are recommended are followed through.
- Ensure that accounts within your portfolio with issues outstanding beyond a period of 90 days are reported on ASTAR.
- Ensure that accounts within your portfolio that have post approval terms including covenants, conditions, risk triggers are complied with.
- Ensure daily monitoring of Exceptions (limit excesses and other non-compliance with approved conditions).
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Related experience or education in accounting/finance will be added advantage.
- At least three years of banking experience with not less than two years in core credit operations in banking industry.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to analyse credit proposals
- Understanding of business trends
- Understanding credit risk management trends in the financial services industry
- Ability to understand and analyze financial & cash-flow statements and make useful deductions for decision-making
How To Apply for Orient Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested candidates who meet the criterion indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: [email protected]
Deadline: 22 nd October 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.