- Company: G4S
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Reporting to the General Manager – Uganda; the Operations Manager – Cash In Transit will lead, co-ordinate monitor and report on security activities in the Cash business and to act as a catalyst for improvement of security, procedures and the transfer of best / good practice
- To lead and drive improvements in the security practices and levels of compliance of the cash business, in accordance with G4S Mandatory Security Principles and Group Minimum Security Standards, to help enable business plan objectives to be achieved.
- To lead the development and coordinate the implementation of G4S MSPs and MSSs, ensuring that these are consistently applied within the Cash Business, with the objective of ensuring that all employees are safeguarded and attack and cash losses are reduced.
- To lead a programme of regular Security Reviews and compliance audits within the Cash Business Unit, to ensure satisfactory compliance with Group Security principles, requirements and procedures.
- To develop effective and influential relationships with functional security reports, enabling greater risk control and achieving targeted reductions in losses, liabilities and insurance costs.
- To take an active role in the effective recruitment of division security managers, providing assistance to the GM as and when required.
- To develop the technical skills and security capability of functional reports, in order to raise the levels of competency and skills of the security function across the cash business, enabling improved business performance.
- To lead the process for the identification and transfer of best / good security and compliance practices across the cash business, to ensure that standards of security and levels of compliance are continuously improved.
- To review and endorse / recommend changes to operating limits in the Nation’s cash businesses, evaluating against local risk profiles, ensuring that levels of exposure are appropriate, and ensuring that operating limit approvals processes are adhered to.
- To continually communicate and raise awareness of attack and internal losses across the cash business, and ensuring that attack and loss reporting processes are adhered to.
- To actively build networks and influence relevant decision makers in Government and Law Enforcement Authorities. Ensure that the G4S security and risk management organisation is visible and recognized in the market.
- To review and endorse / approve (if appropriate) new Branch, Vehicle and other Security equipment related designs.
- To manage the required monthly security-related reporting for the Cash business, and producing the requisite Security Reports and analysis as required by The Regional Security Team, Cash Sec and Management, to agreed standards and timelines.
- To undertake project work as directed.
- To respond in a timely and agreed fashion in the event of significant attack, incident or loss.
- University degree preferably in commerce, economics and / or finance.
- Understanding of Ugandan legislation and Labour Laws
- Knowledge and experience in operational / security / risk management experience in a Cash Services organization;
- Knowledge of CIT and Cash Management, services and or a banking background is essential
- A seasoned manager with excellent ability to develop and execute plans.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Assertive and resilient team player with the ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment and meet strict deadlines.
- The ability to maintain regular contacts with customers to ensure customer expectations are met.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Accounting and or banking qualifications will be a definite added advantage.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 533,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.