Job Title: Information Systems Assistant – MONUSCO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Reference: ESB/GJO/ISA/02/08-2021
Grade: GL – 5
The United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or MONUSCO, an acronym based on its French name (French: Mission de l’Organisation des Nations Unies pour la stabilisation en République démocratique du Congo), is a United Nations peacekeeping force in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) which was established by the United Nations Security Council in resolutions 1279 (1999) and 1291 (2000) of the United Nations Security Council to monitor the peace process of the Second Congo War, though much of its focus subsequently turned to the Ituri conflict, the Kivu conflict and the Dongo conflict. The mission was known as the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo or MONUC, an acronym of its French name Mission de l’Organisation des Nations Unies en République démocratique du Congo, until 2010.
This position is located within the Field Technology Section (FTS) at the United Nations Entebbe Support Base (UNESB). The Information Systems Assistant will report to the ICT Operations Officer at the location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Information Systems Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Under the direction of the supervisor, works as part of a team in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and support of computer application systems and programs using UN established standards for IS technologies, programming languages and tools.
- Assists with the monitoring and expedition of computer application systems development projects; provides input for the development of standard terms of reference; serves as part of the team related to various project implementations in the Mission.
- Maintains functional specifications for computer application systems, programs and procedures; assists in ongoing reviews with users and developers; liaises with users to define and specify requirements; assists with version management, data recovery and deployment to users’ offices.
How To Apply for MONUSCO Uganda Jobs 2021
Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your application invalid for this process.
- Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications with cover letter together with the attached United Nations Personal History form (P-11) only.
- For the online Personal History Profile (visit https://inspira.un.org to generate a PHP )
- Submit applications by email ONLY to : [email protected] . Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
- All applications MUST indicate the MONUSCO Job Opening reference number for which they are applying, on the subject line in the e-mail. e.g. ESB/GJO/ISA/02/08-2021
- All applicants MUST indicate the telephone number and email address with location. Applications without telephone number and the email address with location WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Applications received after the deadline will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- ONLY successful applicants will be contacted for WRITTEN SUBSTANTIVE and COMPETENCY-BASED ASSESSMENT TESTS.
- In line with the UN policy on gender balance, FEMALE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Closing Date: 3rd September 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.