Job Title: Site Engineer – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In conflict, in disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
The Site Engineer is responsible for the identification of qualified contractors, final design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the aforementioned construction activities. S/he will supervise all contractors and site assistants in order to effectively implement the planned projects. They will liaise closely with the District Engineering department and MC teams.
Roles and Responsibilities for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Provide technical guidance on the selection of a qualified contractor
- Responsible for overseeing the daily implementation of construction activities and progress at assigned work sites.
- Lead on the recruitment of Site Assistants.
- Develop and maintain good lines of communication and relationships with local authorities and the local community.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Regularly update project implementation plans to Apolou/RCF leadership with associated timelines.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Responsible for a high degree of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area. Based upon this knowledge, take adequate measures to ensure the safety of any and all MC staff and equipment in the district.
- Follow all MC protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the direct supervisor.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure compliance with USAID environmental compliance requirements and construction guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a University degree in engineering.
- At least two years of work experience in engineering project implementation and supervision.
- Spoken and written English proficiency is essential.
- Proficiency in a variety of local languages preferred.
- Physically able to spend the long periods of time in the field.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 7th December 2021