Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation
Deadline of this Job:
05 April 2022
Within Uganda , Rwamwanja , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWFUganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, IOM, UNFPA, UNICEF, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BFTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
The LWF Uganda Program is looking for a qualified and experienced person to fill the following position:
Job Title: M&E Officer
No. of Positions: One (1)
Place of Assignment: Ramwanja.
Reports To: SubProgram Manager
Starting date: May 01, 2022
Duration of Contract: 1 year contract (with possibility for extension)
Application Deadline: April 01, 2022
Under the guidance of the PMER Manager and Sub Program Manager, the M&E Officer is responsible for assisting the Project Staff in the planning, coordinating, supervising, monitoring and evaluating project activities, results and programs in accordance with LWF and Donor guidelines and procedures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Data Management & Reporting (50%)
• Review and refine monitoring and Evaluation & reporting tools for all Projects in Rwamwanja Sub Program line with LWF Uganda PMER system and donor requirements.
• Coordinates all aspects of project monitoring and reporting ensuring that data collected is of high quality, harmonized across all projects and is produced on time.
• Aggregate all qualitative and quantitative data from Project Teams into one projects’ status report and submits the same to management within stipulated timeframes including monthly, quarterly, annual as well as feature reports.
• Assist the Project Teams in designing, conducting and coordinating baselines, mid-term evaluations, end-line evaluations, Performance Quality Audits and annual project reviews.
• Provide technical assistance and training on monitoring and data collection to M&E staff and other project staff in the sub program.
• Track data quality based on review of data generated by the M&E teams through activity tracker, debriefs, researches/surveys or Audits to primary sources to ensure that data provided is accurate and authentic.
• Collate reports, articles/Newsletters, case studies, best stories from the implementing teams for compilation into status reports.
• Review all projects’ reports. Guide staff in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission.
• Ensure compliance on M&E standards while gathering data and documentation by all project staff.
• Support and coordinate the processes of tracking the implementation of the Country strategy through participation in the development of Country Annual plans (CAP) and Country Annual Targets (CAT).
Implementation of M&E Activities (40%)
• Ensures that appropriate and harmonized systems are in place to track project implementation indicators, impact measurement and progress related to all projects in the Sub Program as required by the donors.
• Oversee and update M&E activities included in the Work Plan, with particular focus on results, impacts, best practices, lessons learned, emerging issues and setbacks in implementation.
• Based on the annual work plans and in particular the project budgets, design the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities.
• Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management, including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation, and providing specific recommendations.
• Undertake frequent visits to the field to support implementation of projects M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
• Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in the M&E of activities with view of developing local M&E capacity.
• Facilitate, act as resource person, and join (if required) any external supervision and evaluation missions.
• Monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations.
• Conduct periodic participatory learning and action activities to ascertain progress, implementation gaps and needs.
Documentation and Sharing of Lessons learned (5%)
• Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned.
• Consolidate a culture of lessons learning involving all projects staff and allocate specific responsibilities.
• Ensure that ToRs for consultants recruited by all projects also incorporate mechanisms to capture and share lessons learned through their inputs to the project.
• Identify and participate in additional networks that may also yield lessons that can benefit project implementation.
• Participate in the production of quarterly newsletters for the organization.
Support Partnerships and Visibility (5%)
• Works closely with the PMER Manager, Sub Program Manager and Project Managers to map out project-specific strategic partnerships and engage with different stakeholders
• Attend different learning and sharing events like meetings, radio/TV Programs etc. as appropriate.
• Work with project teams to develop proposals and concepts for fundraising when required.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
University degree preferably in Statistics, Economics, social sciences, Demography and other related disciplines; A Postgraduate in M&E is an added advantage; Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems; designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems; Strategic planning and performance measurement; Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies and data collection and analysis methodologies; Experience in planning and managing surveys; Experience in developing and refining digital data collection tools, data quality assessments and oversight, managing and providing M&E training to partners and target beneficiaries; Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
Good problem Solving, Decision Making, interpersonal, Communication and negotiation skills; Fluency in English, both written and verbal; Information Technology (MS Office, Internet); Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines; Good team work with good communication skills; Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently.
Ability to use digitalized data collection software such as Kobo collect and ODK; Sound understanding of Project Management Cycle and support activities; Experience in Statistical Analysis Packages e.g. SPSS, excel and google sheets; Experience in Monitoring and Reporting on a Project with one or more of the following thematic areas; Livelihoods.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please note: This is pending donor’s approval
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted