Manager Credit and Market Risk
Jobs at:Orient Bank
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To enhance and integrate the function for Bank wide risk Management to build capacity and the ability to identify, measure, monitor and control the underlying credit and market risks that the Bank may be exposed to.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the entire procedure for credit risk identification, investigation, analysis and the reporting of lessons learnt from incidents
• Review and report Credit Risk trends in portfolio quality and adequacy of the Bank’s Provisions for credit losses.
• Review assumptions and adequacy of the Stress tests
• Review and report on the adequacy of the Bank’s Internal Controls within the entire loan process.
• Review the Bank’s FX transactions and obtain explanations for any irregularities in pricing.
• Review Dealer Trading Limits on a daily basis and obtain sufficient approval in case of the limits being exceeded.
• Carry out position monitoring for currency limits.
Minimum Education Qualification
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Professional qualification e.g. ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA, FRM, PRM, etc. is an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years banking experience of which 3 years must be in management of credit risk or credit.
• Experience in market risk.
Key Required Skills
• Knowledge of Bank Operational policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Credit management policies and procedures.
• Business and financial analysis skills.
• Strong credit and market risk assessment skills.
• Good knowledge of treasury products and their life cycles, market risk concepts, metrics, valuation models and stress testing methodologies.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted