Deadline of this Job:
02 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role of the Manager Contracts is to render general legal advisory, contracts advisory, land transactions advisory and compliance advisory services to enable effective management of legal and contractual risks at the Fund.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Prepare comprehensive legal opinions on behalf of Senior Manager Legal and Regulatory Affairs and Chief Legal Officer on any complaints or matters and other requested information from all stakeholders and advise accordingly.
• Provide accurate and timely counsel on a variety of legal topics (Labor Law, Partnerships, and international ventures among others).
• Define and develop the operational and execution strategy for the Legal and Regulatory Services Section in line with the departmental strategy.
• Engage with different stakeholders in and out of the Fund to facilitate the achievement of departmental and organizational objectives.
• Collaborate with different teams and stakeholders within and outside the Fund.
• Attend to referred queries/complaints from employers and NSSF members and render legal advice in response thereto.
• Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, mergers and acquisitions.
• Draft contracts and all agreements on behalf of NSSF, catering for the user department’s interests and safeguarding the Fund’s interests.
• Develop and review Service Level Agreements with user departments.
• Negotiating with providers/consultants on contractual issues like contract price to ensure value for money.
• Review the general and special conditions of the contract contained in the standard bidding documents.
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure NSSF’s full legal rights.
• Conduct due diligence on real estate, equities and fixed income portfolios. Monitor running leases, property rates and ground rents and initiate the process of renewal for leases before expiry.
• Advise the Property Management Section and the Investments Department on the covenants of the leases held by NSSF.
• Facilitate the development of a high-performing culture by effectively communicating and cascading organisational goals, managing team performance and providing feedback to improve performance.
• Train and supervise subordinates to achieve high performance in the department.
• Bachelor of Laws Degree.
• Post Graduate Diploma from Law Development Center.
7 years Post Enrollment Experience working at a busy law firm/parastatal, Government Ministry or busy commercial entity and 3 years in a managerial role.
• Commitment & Integrity
• Proactivity & Innovation
• Getting Work Done
• Relationship Building
• Communicating and Influencing
• Resilience & Resourcefulness
• Thinking and Problem Analysis
• Labor Law (Advanced)
• Corporation Law (Advanced)
• Board Meeting Management(Advanced)
• Legal Drafting (Advanced)
• Negotiation (Advanced)
• Advocacy&Dispute Resolution(Advanced)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested individuals should visit https://forms.office.com/r/JLUMyQ2fQ2 to fill out the application form and then send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to [email protected] by Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate. Women are encouraged to apply.